By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter - LBP to be SONY's secret weapon, Mirror's Edge to sell 2-3 Million

LBP will sell 3 million in Europe alone this year.

Around the Network

@zayanora

puhhh-lease

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

dougsdad0629 said:
leo-j said:
@senortaco

Thats what they said about FF VII, and look were that took the ps1

An excellent point.  It only takes one game to get the ball rolling.  FF7 led to MGS and began to establish the PS1 as an excellent source of adult oriented games.  LBP could do the same for casual/creative games.

I look at it like this. If Conduit is as well received critically as LBP, controls being it's innovation, do you think that single game can change the hardcores view of the Wii?

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

darthdevidem01 said:
@zayanora

puhhh-lease

zayanora is actually right, if LBP sells less than 3 million in Europe alone, it will be considered a huge disappointment

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

senortaco said:
dougsdad0629 said:
leo-j said:
@senortaco

Thats what they said about FF VII, and look were that took the ps1

An excellent point.  It only takes one game to get the ball rolling.  FF7 led to MGS and began to establish the PS1 as an excellent source of adult oriented games.  LBP could do the same for casual/creative games.

I look at it like this. If Conduit is as well received critically as LBP, controls being it's innovation, do you think that single game can change the hardcores view of the Wii?

Another excellent point.  If The Conduit is successful, it could very well lead to developers taking the hardcore Wii crowd more seriously.  I know I'll be buying it.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
This is the CORRECT thread....don't bump the other one please :)

@yushire

ironically thats actually the truth

in fact he was the one who predicted it would look like Wii was the winner for the first 3 -4 years  1 year on Bonus Round GT back in 06 BEFORE PSwii launched..

Jo21 said:
SHMUPGurus said:
About LPB: I doubt it. Sure, it's trying to appeal to the audience that's making the Wii successful this generation, but it doesn't have that ''extra feature'' the Wii has (motion sensing and all that).

I know it might not be a good example of casual Vs hardcore, but if people we're expecting to see the PS3 (and X360) outselling the Wii with GTA IV, I don't see it happening here with LBP either. Same can be said with MGS 4, at some level. The Wii is untouchable now, PS3 Vs. X360 is something else though.

About Mirror's Edge: Yep, EA is definitely back. I mean, look at Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3! ;)

it have a great online, and the ps3 does support motion sensing.

and its use to change sackboy expressions.

Yeah, I know it does, but the ''remote'' has a better image than the DualShock if you ask me. Pointing it at the screen to do various stuff is satisfying depending on which game you're playing. Imagine LBP with that! xD

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

@TWRo0

whoops.....my memory is bad I guess

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@TWRo0

whoops.....my memory is bad I guess

Yeah I can't remember what he predicted exactly, but I believe he thought Wii would have a good Christmas 2007 (slightly better than PS3), but that in early 2008 it would succumb to the almighty Playstation.

Pachter is pretty good at predicting next months sales (generally) but don't listen to anything he predicts which involves sales further than 3 months into the future. and take the rest with a pinch of salt.

It's Patcher, people.. move along, nothing to see here.