By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter - LBP to be SONY's secret weapon, Mirror's Edge to sell 2-3 Million

outlawauron said:
yushire said:
I think Pachter should give up, I think he only do this because he is popular around the net with his opinions and not because he really analysts things...

Well, he kinda has the right to act the way he does. He gets more predictions right than wrong.

I hope thats sarcasm...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

ROFLOL...we will see...it's too bad LBP was delayed, and we won't get a chance to see the exclusives battle this week.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

This is the CORRECT thread....don't bump the other one please :)

@yushire

ironically thats actually the truth

in fact he was the one who predicted it would look like Wii was the winner for the first 3 -4 years on Bonus Round GT back in 06 BEFORE PSwii launched..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

...Where I find his prediction wrong is that you need more then one game to have casual appeal. Last gen PS2 had more then one. Nintendo took the idea that PS2 developed, and expound on it to the tenth power. Being short sighted led to Sony's position this generation.

...LBP is a good but JUST ONE GAME.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

@senortaco

Thats what they said about FF VII, and look were that took the ps1

mM
Around the Network

@leo-J

FF7 helped PS1 in Japan mostly....not much anywhere else

in EU GT helped....in America Crash, Tomb Raider & so on.

leo-j said:
@senortaco

An excellent point.  It only takes one game to get the ball rolling.  FF7 led to MGS and began to establish the PS1 as an excellent source of adult oriented games.  LBP could do the same for casual/creative games.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

I do agree that FF7 was a catalyst for JRPG's on the PS1...& Japanese games for that matter!

leo-j said:
@senortaco

In Japan as someone stated yes, but do you see LBP having that kind of effect? FF was more estabish at the time.

...As we've seen critical success doesn't always equal sales/marketability. To me if LBP can sell to more then just it's install base...meaning staying power in the charts, then you may have a point.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

SHMUPGurus said:
About LPB: I doubt it. Sure, it's trying to appeal to the audience that's making the Wii successful this generation, but it doesn't have that ''extra feature'' the Wii has (motion sensing and all that).

I know it might not be a good example of casual Vs hardcore, but if people we're expecting to see the PS3 (and X360) outselling the Wii with GTA IV, I don't see it happening here with LBP either. Same can be said with MGS 4, at some level. The Wii is untouchable now, PS3 Vs. X360 is something else though.

About Mirror's Edge: Yep, EA is definitely back. I mean, look at Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3! ;)

it have a great online, and the ps3 does support motion sensing.

and its use to change sackboy expressions.