By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So Which Console Will You Go With Next Gen?

Xbox 720 and ps4

Around the Network

I am torn between the Apple Pippen 2 or the EA Gamesphere.

I'd get a Nintendo console at launch without hesitation because I trust them to make reliable hardware, or at the very least to have a good system warranty. My experiences with Sony and the PS2 [DRE] and Microsoft with the 360 [...] make me hesitant to buy any of their consoles until at least a year or two after launch so they can fix whatever hardware issues they might have. I'd buy a piece of junk from Sega at launch, though.

If Microsoft continues to be this agressive at getting games I'll stick with the next xbox

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all- you live in the heart of the beast." 

Ernesto "Che" Guevara.

If Nintendo touches it, I will buy it.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Around the Network

I'll go where the games go.

RolStoppable said:
Nintendo or nothing.

This

this is question is pointless now,,,none of us know 100% which console we will choose.depends on spec for the next gen and how each will do.

PS4 might be again expensive and do worse than PS3,,,,720 might end up becoming like the first x box if Sony launches their console close to their launch (within 6 months)and price it cheap,,,and also keep the architecture same as PS3 so that the Devs would not have to go through another learning curve.

as a result, none of us know yet.

for me it really depends on the console Specs .( I had an x box last gen cause it was more powerful and i got PS3 this gen cause of bluray and cell)i m not really into a brand ,,i m more into the console.

but for now my sony experience (PS3)has been ›››››››››››››››››››››››››my MS experience(xbox).

Just like this generation I won't decide until I know the details about each console. Price, features, power, etc...

Nothing is ruled out, nothing is guaranteed. This is why I've owned the console that has won every generation and it was my first console of the generation in every case. Of course in both the PS1 and PS2 era I did eventually pick up the Nintendo console as well and I've yet to buy on to a MS console. But MS has positioned themselves well this generation and if they can sort out their reliability issues they are going to be on even footing for my money next gen.

To Each Man, Responsibility

Whichever one has the games I want. Probably will pick up the Nintendo system as I thoroughly enjoy their first party offerings most of the time (though I have been burnt a few times this gen). Other systems will be picked up if/when their library becomes large enough to appeal to me.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229