By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Motorstorm 2 is a must buy(my impressions of the demo)

I didn't like the demo that much. Hopefully the full game is much better.

I loved the original Motorstorm, had lots of fun playing online and finishing the game. I know Pacific Rift is well improved in terms of adding splitscreen multi-player, improved loading, more varierty in graphics, more tracks, etc, but I didn't really like the demo track compared to the Motorstorm 1 demo track, of course the graphics are likely well improved for the final build, but for me it was pretty so-so. I expected more.

Still not sure if I'm going to get Pacific Rift. I prefer fewer kick ass tracks vs double the amount so-so tracks.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network
Barozi said:
NNN2004 said:
lol 360 fans attack ... still i liked the demo of the game.

said the guy who removed the PS Fan sign from his sig ;)

thats mean am still in the 360 fans side lol 

@NNN,,,,,,so do you also prefer the second one like me?I think it's much better than the first.

SpartanFX said:
@NNN,,,,,,so do you also prefer the second one like me?I think it's much better than the first.

yah .. its have better graphics, effects & gameplay .... also i feel its like more real than the first one.

I loved the first motorstorm. At first I was pretty disappointed by this demo, but then I rememberd that motorstorm franchise could be considered as the "off road gran turismo". It needs a little time to get into the game, to memorize every maps, but then it's 100% of happiness. I'll buy it day one, for use! ANd don't forget one of the most important thing about motorstorm: the online! It's a great piece of fun when you play it on the psn!

Motorstorm 2 won't be huge, but definitly good!

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Most of the reviews have it as decent. Not great though.

And there are an AWFUL lot more negative demo impressions out there.

If I get some PS3 playtime this Christmas, I'll see you in Resistance.

I agree the DEMO was TERRIBLE

thisi s coming from a HUGE supporter & a FAN of the first game...

It was dissappointing graphically big time (especially Tree Leaves) & the gameplay has no change....the crashes are not in slow motiong either

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

For people that are wondering about the quality (or lack of) with regards to the PSN demo's graphic, here is are some comparison pictures stolen from a NeoGaf thread. (The demo is the same as the <80% Qore Build).

I will get this... not at launch but certainly this year, hoping that the 4 player split screen is playable as I can see this as a party favourite.

darthdevidem01 said:
starcraft said:

It was dissappointing graphically big time (especially Tree Leaves) & the gameplay has no change....the crashes are not in slow motiong either

its still a demo ... and who told u the graphics is dissappointing ?

NNN2004 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
starcraft said:

its still a demo ... and who told u the graphics is dissappointing ?

My dog told me that.......j/k lol

My HDTV that I was playing it on

_______

I agree its a demo n I'll probably still buy it as its perfect for a party game....but still I really hope the final build looks fantastic!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I Played The PSN Demo, It looks like it was the same as the Qore Build