By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will this be PS2 last xmas

i was wonderingif you think SONY will take PS2 of the market b4 next xmas and when do you think they shouls or should have.

I think it will be its las t xmas this year and i think it should be.

Around the Network

Maybe.. it depends if it has a price cut, Sony could make it stand until the next gen by putting it on the "20$" range :P

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

I think it will atleast survive christmas 2009.

It will last as long as people keep buying it and developers keep developing for it.
I say it can last until end 2009, but the good exclusives really stopped in 2007, and very little will come in 09.

None of this matters though because the PS2 has a better gaming library than any other console in existence (not counting PC)

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

It sold 170k in the US last month, I think it still has 1 year left (add another with a price cut).

"What I'd thought I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes..."
~ J.D. Salinger, "Catcher in the Rye"

Around the Network

The best gaming system ever will stop selling at the end of next xmas alltogether, but NEVER forgotten

i hope the best console ever gets into its 10th year ^^ my ps2 is almost 8 in its year and i still dont have a 7th gen console lulzzzzzzz

oliminator1994 said:
The best gaming system ever will stop selling at the end of next xmas alltogether, but NEVER forgotten

Dude, the SNES stopped selling long ago.

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

Nah I think next Christmas will be its last.

Showertea said:
oliminator1994 said:

Dude, the SNES stopped selling long ago.

How can it be the best of all time if it wasn't even as good as it's rival from Sega?