By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why are all three consoles this generation so ugly?

Have u seen the PS3!!!

It looks sleek

Around the Network

the ps3 is a sexy black grill :P

i would dare to cook anything in it because how sexy it is.

my next favorite my DS Lite cobalt/black.

I have to say PS3 black sucks.New colours would be nice here.
Wii also sucks.
But Xbox 360 looks coool.

Take my love, take my land..

Simulacrum said:
Wii also sucks.

I think u are like the first person in this thread that says that.  If 360 was a person I'd say it'd be michael jackson, it was black, had a big nose , and now is white and has a tiny horrible nose and face.

F.U. Fun University.

My take:

The Xbox 360 was rushed to the market so that's probably why it looks like a gimped PC.

Sony became too arrogant, so they released a grill thinking it would sell millions.

Ninty went into this gen thinking they'd lose so they were lax with the overall exterior design with the Wii.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
gera4390 said:
Simulacrum said:
Wii also sucks.

I think u are like the first person in this thread that says that.  If 360 was a person I'd say it'd be michael jackson, it was black, had a big nose , and now is white and has a tiny horrible nose and face.

Well If you could put Xbox UP position, it would be cool.But you can't so then it looks shi..

Take my love, take my land..

PS3 is a sexy beast it has chrome and looks smaller than it really is. Its heavy as fuck though.

Wii is attractive enough. Its the girl you enjoy being around but not the kind you masterb8 to. You would get with her if you had to.

The 360 is a ? Its the chick that looks better in the right light or when your extremely drunk.

PS3=Wii>360

I keep my PS3 vertical and it looks great. It gets all kinds of compliments when people come over. even "sexy" is a commonly used descriptor.

I don't understand all the hate for the Wii. If anything I think it would be more "boring" than ugly. I like simple designs and think it's the best looking of the three.

360 would be a distant 2nd. I don't have any real appeal or distaste for it. The faceplate idea was kinda gimicky IMO.

The PS3 I would for sure put in 3rd. I'm amazed at the love it's getting. It's big, heavy, and has no real aesthetic design at all. The top has the right idea with the curves but then it puts it on top of a huge blocky base. The Spiderman 3 font is kinda dumb too. Nothing about it flows at all and just seems to be a shell for all the expensive hardware inside.

I thought the first gen PS2 was horrible looking as well. The slim though was the best looking system last gen. Again I prefer plain designs over big bulky ones. The Original Xbox was for sure the worst of last gen systems. It looked like a crappy VCR.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

The 360 is the best looking console, the wii has an ugly console holder and the Ps3 is fat and ugly