By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Top 5 Wii games that America may never receive

What?! Disaster has to come! Tatsunoku VS Capcom looks like the most likely to not come.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network
Soriku said:
mike_intellivision said:
MH3 -- the assumption heretofore has been yes, it will be. I see nothing to change this. It just got a Japanese release date. And given the trend of PS2 to Wii, there might be some players who had the version before who would want this.

Umm...when? I haven't seen anything about a specific release date.

My mistake. The website just says "2009." Which again means we are talking about a game that is not quite ready to come out in Japan, about whether it makes it to North America (which everyone seems to think it will).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

mike_intellivision said:

Disaster -- probably, eventually, especially if it fares well in Europe. The issue is finding a publisher as it appears NOA does not want to do was NOJ did and Tecmo is not doing too well as of late.

You are confusing Disaster:DoC with Fatal Frame IV.

WAT? Thats insane! Tales DOTNW will released in america why not the next tales game! >:| And why include Fragile and Monster Hunter 3! Im sure it'll have more sales on the west than in Japan

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

All great games but because Europe and Australia (yay!) are getting Disaster: DOC I'm sure you NA will get it too...though maybe not until 2009.

I really want Tatsunoku VS Capcom so I hope that comes over and the production values of MH3 has aroused my interests too! I want to live in Japan!

Wii - 3810 4459 0841 8442 - (Message me to add me)

360 - LuminalACE

PS3 - AUS-ACE

Around the Network

Those games would not sell well in America that is why they are not being released in America. A lot of games get released in Japan and never see the light of the day anywhere else.

The list isn't that good, I could come up with a better one.

Disaster: Day of Crisis - Seeing as how it's already translated into English I think they will save it for 2009.

Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon - No release date has been announced, but it hasn't been released in Japan, so I don't think we should worry.

Unspecified Wii Tales game - Nothing is known about the game, so worrying about a NA release date now is pointless.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom - The only one that deserves to be one the list, Capcom have stated that they are working on bringing it to the west, but it will be very hard.

Monster Hunter 3 - Capcom wants to make the franchise more popular in the west, the can't do that without releasing games.

And now, like I said I will make a better one.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom - Due to licensing issues it might not be released outside Japan.

Fatal Frame IV - It is tricky with this one because Tecmo and Nintendo aren't sure who will publish it.

Captain Rainbow - I don't think I have to explain this one.

Mysterious Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer 3 - It has been released in Japan and no confirmation for NA and Europe.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI - The PS2 and PC versions have already been released outside Japan, and there is no date announced for the Wii version.

I'm interested in MH3 and T. vs C. so i'm hoping that at least one come to America.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

i want D: DoC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, since Disaster is already in English, there is no logical reason why it shouldn't be released here in NA. Engligh to English translation isn't very difficult.......

Sales can be assumed/dictated by region, but sometimes things are much bigger hits in some regions than in others (Sonic anyone?) for no apparent reason (as far as I can tell).

Tatsunoku has some licensing hurdles to jump through so don't get your hopes up for seeing that. That new Tales game, whatever it is, has to come out west. After seeing how Symphonia has sold, and how Dawn of The New World fared in Japan, it is a good idea to put your NEW MAIN Tales game into some other regions.

Captain Rainbow,............isn't coming. Fatal Frame IV might get picked up by someone who doesn't have anything in their catalogue or already specializes in horror games. Monster Hunter 3 is coming here, hopefully with a fixed online. If not, that will seriously put a damper on sales.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."