By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Street of Rage 2

I just bought this on VC and it's still the best Beat-em-up ever.  Anyone agree?

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

No, but it's up there. I've got to get this on Xbox Live for some good old fashioned co-op.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Name a Beat-em-up that's better?

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:

Personally I enjoyed Ninja Turtles and Turtles in Time more. I liked Guardian Heroes more. I like Castle Crashers more. Streets of Rage 2 is on par with Battletoads, Final Fight, and X-Men: The Arcade Game though. Do note, I love all of these games.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

The arcade version of Final Fight was better, Captain Commando was really good, the arcade version of TMNT was way better and so was the X-Men game. Streets of Rage 2 was great, but not the best.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
The arcade version of Final Fight was better, Captain Commando was really good, the arcade version of TMNT was way better and so was the X-Men game. Streets of Rage 2 was great, but not the best.

Pixel Art can be fun.

SOR 2 would be the best if the 2P co-op was not broken. There is no way to turn off the friendly hits. I still play this game sometimes.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

I was a huge fan of Streets of Rage 2.  I only missed the option to call the friendly police attack from Streets of Rage one.

Is it my personal best Beat them up?  No;..

During the Sega Saturn generation you had something called Guardian heroes;....And that is really more fun +  And recently Castle Crashers became my most favourite beat them up.

And I think some also forgot the awesomeness of TMNT IV Turtles in Time =p.

By the way if you are interested Top ten beat them up from Screwattack.

Don't remember them all to well, but the Streets of Rage series was alot of fun. Best set of bet-em-ups i've ever played.

4 ≈ One

Onyxmeth said:
SmokedHostage said:

Personally I enjoyed Ninja Turtles and Turtles in Time more.

You could have just stopped there, you know. You named the best; the rest just pale in comparison.