By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - lets discuss MODS .

5. Yes. They get paid VG$.

Around the Network
Fei-Hung said:
It would be nice if there were 2 additional sections in VGChartz where on one you can put through positive feed back on mods or a particular mod and another where you can give negative feedback.

This would encourage mods to do better if they aren't already and maybe this way, ioi or whom ever is incharge may offer the better mods some incentives.

very , very good idea !

so who do we talk to , to start such an upgrade on this website?

d21lewis said:
5. Yes. They get paid VG$.

lmfao i pictured captain zap branigan saying that .. good one !

What can you do with Vg$'s? does it have any sort of advantages? It would be awesome if the VG$'s could be used like experience points on the website. It would make being a user feel as if they are actually in a role playing game. It would be the 1st for any forum based website and I am sure users would love it!

I only have one gripe/wish on how mods are chosen - they should be older. We have some young mods who still have tempers that run hot and often biased. Id not have a mod under 25 if I was running the show. But thats just because that's truly when the "teenage" phase/mindset begins to end for most guys.

Around the Network
bardicverse said:
I only have one gripe/wish on how mods are chosen - they should be older. We have some young mods who still have tempers that run hot and often biased. Id not have a mod under 25 if I was running the show. But thats just because that's truly when the "teenage" phase/mindset begins to end for most guys.

This isn't a personal attack, but I found this post extremely funny after just reading your anarchy thread that couldn't be more teenage if it tried.

gurok said:
bardicverse said:

This isn't a personal attack, but I found this post extremely funny after just reading your anarchy thread that couldn't be more teenage if it tried.

Well you should have found the other post the funny one as it was a joke thread. Seems you're working in reverse today. I'll buy you a coffee. ;)

bardicverse said:
gurok said:
bardicverse said:

Well you should have found the other post the funny one as it was a joke thread. Seems you're working in reverse today. I'll buy you a coffee. ;)

Completely off topic, but you are old as fuck bardicverse.

No wonder everyone is young, you've been alive forever.  ^_-

hatmoza 2.0 said:

1- were mods once upon a time regular users?

2- do mods need to be online a certain amount of hours a day ? or maybe they have a shift ?

3- what seperates a mod from a user ? ban immunity?

4- do mods need to have a certain amount of bans at the end of the month just like a cellular phone employee needs a certain amount activations as not to lose his/her job , or a cop needs to issue a certain amount of tickets? etc. if so is that why (with all do respect to the mods ) see alot of pointless bans?

5-do they get paid ? if not ....i feel sorry for you guys.

6- when is it ok to lock a thread ? cause sometimes i wonder .

7-is it just me or do you (the user) realize a balance in the mods ? although they dont admit it u can tell the sony fans from wii and from 360 supporters. which is a pretty cool balance.

8- is it true they can read your mind ? ...............ITS A JOKE

9- ( you had to see this coming ) do they abuse there power ...if so is it necessary or justified at times?

Please lets keep this a civilized and a hate free disscusion  , and i would be most happy if the mods themselves would give theyre word on this please , im pretty sure i didnt violate the thread rules , but just in case please dont lock this thread!

1. On other boards, sure
  2. Yes, we work 17 hour shifts
  3. Yes, for every 15 bans we get a get Nazna$.  For 175 Nazna$'s, we get a ioi nickel.  100 ioi nickels and we get a get out of ban free card.  I have seven of those saved up.
  4. Nazna is an evil overlord.  If we don't fulfil our quota it gets ugly...
  5. Yes, in Nazna$'s and ioi nickels.
  6. It's actually random
  7. Actually, we're all raving Neo-Geo fanboys, we just do a good job of hiding it.
  8. You're thinking about purple horses with swords attached to their heads
  9. Do you think we abuse our power? ...you better say no.

hatmoza 2.0 said:

6- when is it ok to lock a thread ? cause sometimes i wonder .

If your name is twesterm or MontanaHatchet, every thread you enter is an automatic lock.  They both have the highest lock number out there.  ^_^