By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The LBP delay could actually boost sales.

You have a good points there, time will tell but it's possible to happend, nothing better to hype a game than some kind of controversy :P

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Around the Network

my biggest point is #10. i mean, come on. its 1 song, and only 2 phrases in that song. people are right in saying that sony overreacted. but few people understand why they reacted in this way..

i believe its a huge marketing idea. they could've just swept this thing under the carpet. i mean, no one aside from the several thousand (?) arabic consumers would even understand it at all. the main markets wouldn't care, so why blow it up out of proportion?

its a brilliant controversy that sony themselves created. by itself, the song is nothing. they'd have absolutely no legal problems with this thing (grand theft auto can get away with a LOT more).

and i think its a great move. delay the game for a week, create a huge media show about muslims (which is always a hot topic especially in the US), get people interested, and increase potential sales. All happening at the same time with Sony looking like they're heroes by supposedly recalling the game for the rights of all consumers.

brillaint.

lets put it this way, i cnat imagine to many people in the middle east buying this game.....

oliminator1994 said:
lets put it this way, i cnat imagine to many people in the middle east buying this game.....

ud be suprised !!! i mean theyll be honored , but ud be suprised

Wishful thinking, but I do not think its sales will be adversly affected by too much.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
oliminator1994 said:

naah, they didn't know about what happened

few people have PS3 here and fewer know about the game

haha

bugrimmar said:
i think it will increase basically coz the people who are planning to buy it will buy it regardless of the delay, and those people who aren't planning on buying it will find it more appealing due to the controversy

I dunno, the only way it would lead to more sales is if the 'controversy' actually had an impact beyond the hardcore base that will still buy it, regardless of the delay.

The reality is, the mainstream aren't even aware of the initial relaese date, let alone the delay.  The controversy isn't as widespread as you think.

that's the point of all this. its a way of garnering new consumers towards the game. maybe a fair few heard about this controversy coz it caused a delay to one of the biggest games this season.

I don't think it will make a very big difference. But you do have good points.