By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Media Molecule - We wanted to patch LBP but Sony decided to recall

Oh well, Few days boyz. More time for other games we need to clock beforehand!

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
goddog said:
Onyxmeth said:

I think the recall was a good decision in regards to squashing this situation fast, but it's going to cost them more money than it's worth. Here's what I think should have been done:

1. Order the patch and make it mandatory. Every LBP player that goes online will be set.

2. Create every new copy of the game correctly without the song or lyrics.

3. Offer a worldwide trade-in through the mail program for anyone that buys an original release but would prefer the fixed version. All shipping costs Sony shells out themselves.

This would have been just as effective and it would have cost them a lot less. This just seems like a panicy decision on their part.

no its not its quashing freedom of expression, destruction of a burgeoning art forms freedom. at most this should have been an optional patch. from what has come to light the track was recorded by a devout muslim. this kind of act is something that will keep games from being regarded as the artforms they have rightful become as a medium. apologists are fueling the problem here, i cant wait for the next game to get recalled because it has an offensive cross in it, or maybe they will cancel resident evil 5 since it seems to offend people who knows where such concessions  will lead.

Well you go and explain that to the billion dollar company Sony that they shouldn't make an E rated game less offensive because it'll cause a chain reaction of censorship.

ah but we have already seen that tried and fail, this is just another example of the unfortunate path that has already been chosen. big corperations bend to the fear, despite the most likely outcome will result in negligible change in sales. they are thinking with the lawyers, and thats what we expect 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

I feel offended by this controversy's existence.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

reask said:
If this was years ago we would never have had films like the life of brian as it would have been banned.
Anyway end of rant.

It nearly was banned.... I have the video of the debate the Pythons had with some priests that I can't recall the name of.

TWRoO said:
reask said:
If this was years ago we would never have had films like the life of brian as it would have been banned.
Anyway end of rant.

It nearly was banned.... I have the video of the debate the Pythons had with some priests that I can't recall the name of.

Yeah but it got released thank god oops hope its ok to say that.

Around the Network

Little Big Planet will be HUGE....LY screwed up at launch

Sorry couldnt resist

MrBubbles said:
LOL MATURE said:
Okay someone explain to me why its offensive?

And would it be offensive to every muslim or just the very strict and devoted ones?

it likely wouldnt be offensive to most of them.  some people just look for things to get offended about though.

To answer you and correct the above answer, it IS offensive to all muslims.

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

krimoz911 said:
MrBubbles said:
LOL MATURE said:

And would it be offensive to every muslim or just the very strict and devoted ones?

it likely wouldnt be offensive to most of them.  some people just look for things to get offended about though.

except the singer was a muslim so that means it ISNT offensive to all muslims.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
krimoz911 said:
MrBubbles said:
LOL MATURE said:

except the singer was a muslim so that means it ISNT offensive to all muslims.

I don't how much that guy knows about his own religion, but any muslim knows that there are at least 2 things that are simply untouchable, the quraan and the prophet.(expected someone to state this btw,should have mentioned in the above post,anyway postcount :) ).

edit: this muslim, was he the one to sing it or just put it in the song?

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

well...since you are here...

why exactly would it be offensive for someone to sing parts of the quran??

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur