By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Media Molecule - We wanted to patch LBP but Sony decided to recall

Media Molecule has posted a statement on its site saying it wanted to patch “expressions” from the Qur’an out of LittleBigPlanet, but Sony decided the only way forward to to pull all discs back from retail.

“We learnt yesterday that there is a lyric in one of the licensed tracks which some people may find offensive, and which slipped through the usual screening processes,” said the post.

“Obviously MM and Sony together took this very seriously. LBP should be enjoyable by all. So within 12 hours of hearing about this issue involving a lyric (in Somalian, I believe!), we prepared an automatic day 0 patch and had a new disk image ready; however a decision was made within Sony that the right thing to do for quality and support of people with no on-line was to replace existing disks. They assure us that they are doing everything in their power to get things straightened out as fast as possible, and will announce dates soon.”

link here if anyones interested.

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/10/17/media-molecule-we-wanted-to-patch-lbp-but-sony-decided-to-recall/

It's out oct 27th USA nothing on Europe yet.

Around the Network

well yeah its best this way maybe as many people don't have online

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I still think this is a crock of shit. There's no logical explanation for why this is offensive. I'm this aggravated and I already have the game..imagine for those who were expecting to get it Tuesday!

And this day in age, if you don't have the internet, you shouldn't have the right to complain....lol.

I suppose they have to cover themselves.

damnit ! that's annoying to know.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

Word I'm getting is retailers will have the new game discs before normal Tuesday launch. They've been told they're getting them by Monday.

I think the recall was a good decision in regards to squashing this situation fast, but it's going to cost them more money than it's worth. Here's what I think should have been done:

1. Order the patch and make it mandatory. Every LBP player that goes online will be set.

2. Create every new copy of the game correctly without the song or lyrics.

3. Offer a worldwide trade-in through the mail program for anyone that buys an original release but would prefer the fixed version. All shipping costs Sony shells out themselves.

This would have been just as effective and it would have cost them a lot less. This just seems like a panicy decision on their part.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

should of just of made a patch! oh well, its only 6 days.

its only 6 days away after normal date, gamers will have 1 of the best games made this gen

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

...can someone tell me the lyrics in question here?