By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Return of the CHUMP box! 9800GT, 4gb ram, 2.7ghz AMD 5200+, $348 + shipping

For your sake, I hope that case lasts more than a few months before it starts falling apart, and Foxconn and ECS are known for making busted-ass motherboards.

Consoles owned: Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS, PS3

Around the Network
Lord N said:

For your sake, I hope that case lasts more than a few months before it starts falling apart, and Foxconn and ECS are known for making busted-ass motherboards.

What do you do to your cases?  Seriously I've had plenty of cheap-o cases in my time but I've never had one fall apart on me unless it was taking the business end of a blunt object....which happens from time to time when I upgrade =P

I do agree that Foxconn and ECS are definitely low-end brands that tend to be hit or miss, I avoid them personally, but you can get a board of reasonable to good quality for a minor additional cost.

To Each Man, Responsibility

so any other motherboards for AMD that'll fit with this build? Cause I'm not really liking the ones listed here. Unless somebody here already has it and can tell me its superb

shakunage said:
so any other motherboards for AMD that'll fit with this build? Cause I'm not really liking the ones listed here. Unless somebody here already has it and can tell me its superb

Theres an AM2 (not 2+, I.E not phenom compatible) Asus for $2 more.

Tease.

If you want the basic equivelent motherboard in a name brand. Try these two upgrades if you want.

GA-MA74GM-S2 AM2+/AM2 AMD 740G Micro ATX $55

Essentially the same as before but with a few more USB ports and Phenom FX compatibility.

GIGABYTE GA-MA770-DS3 AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX All Solid Capacitor $79

Full size ATX model with PCI-E 2.0x16 and better overclocking to make up for the added expense. Also has the bus speed and ability to take full advantage of the Phenom processors.

Tease.