By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What has Sony lost really?

The overall message of the article I can agree with but there's some pretty stupid things in there too. The worst is :

"We all know the xbox 360 is in the lead right now but they're not selling to anyone that isn't outside their xbox 1 fan base and install base."

We all know that's not true, the 360 won't stop selling once it reaches 26.8 millions, he uses the same logic as Crazzyman in his infamous "Marioboys" thread, that's not a good sign.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Only a few billion dollars but what's a billion between friends

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

For a blog whose moniker claims "no bias" this article I found to be extremely skewed to portray the PS3 in a positive light.

I have no expectation (nor do I hope) that the PS3 is dying, or going to disappear or any such non-sense. But to believe that they are where they want to be is absolutely ridiculous. Sony wants the PS3 to be where the Wii is, period.

The biggest loss, IMO, that Sony suffered this generation is the fact that they are no longer the dominant platform. Specifically, in past generations if you wanted to reach the mass market, you had to work with Sony and fit in development for the xbox and gc only if you had the time/resources. This is no longer true. Because of this, the PS2 did NOT have to pay for exclusivity as it offered access to the largest portion of potential buyers, another fact that is no longer true.

Given the high cost of the PS3 and the trojan horse Blu-Ray model, I expect that Sony has achieved at least part of their goals for this generation (Blu-Ray standard) but doubt they will ever achieve them all (complete market dominance as in past generations).

SmokedHostage said:
their respect... they actually thought $600 was reasonable for a console with the Playstation brand. They just became too arrogant. I can't spell today.

the ps3 cost was over 800$ to manufacture.

they were giving you 200$ .

They lost around 40 million users in the process of the PS3.

Hmm, "Price!"

Around the Network

sales and a good machine which breaks down very few years

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Let's see, money, exclusives, fans, some respect along the lines, their minds, you name it

darkhaven63 said:
Let's see, money, exclusives, fans, some respect along the lines, their minds, you name it
A company has a mind?

Sephiroth357 said:
darkhaven63 said:
A company has a mind?

Well a company has people and people have minds right?

darkhaven63 said:
Sephiroth357 said:
darkhaven63 said:
A company has a mind?

Well a company has people and people have minds right?

Not everyone.