By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Altered Obama photo in GOP club newsletter sparks outrage

rocketpig said:
Just can't let go of that race card, can you?

When I said "people like you", I was referring to partisan Democrats. Ugh.

What else was I supposed to think, Rocket? I read over it and then saw what you said about 'Not knowing what life as a Black man was' and then that people like you statement.

I make no apologies for my political views - call me a flaming Liberal if you want.

@ Steven787 - thanks for reinforcing why the GOP will never, ever get my vote.

Around the Network

The hate continues.  Fox News may not be talking about the Obama Bucks, but they did run this story.

GOP Site in California Removes 'Waterboard Obama' Graphic

The Sacramento Republican Party's Web site encouraged readers to "Waterboard Barack Obama" and compared Obama to Usama bin Laden, drawing criticism from state and local Democrats and Republicans.

FOXNews.com

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A California county's Republican Party Web site encouraged readers to "Waterboard Barack Obama" and compared Obama to Usama bin Laden, drawing criticism on Wednesday from Democrats and Republicans in the state.

The Web site of the Sacramento County Republican Party posted five illustrations saying that the terrorist group Hamas supported Obama and that "the only difference between Obama and Osama is BS." Another attacked Michelle Obama, reading, "Hey Obama! Want to see bitter?"

The graphics were removed from the site by Wednesday, after the state GOP urged the local group to take them down.

The state Republican Party learned of the controversial content when it received a phone call from a reporter, said party spokesman Hector Barajas.

"I called the Sacramento county chairman and I had them remove it," Barajas said. "I also noted to them that this is a complete distraction from what we're trying to do, and that's elect John McCain and Sarah Palin as the next president and vice president of the United States."

Sacramento County Republican Chairman Craig MacGlashan could not be reached for comment Wednesday afternoon, but the Sacramento Bee reported that he defended the Web site's content.

"I'm aware of the content," MacGlashan told the newspaper. "Some people find it offensive, others do not. I cannot comment on how people interpret things."

By Tuesday night the graphics had been removed. "These types of innuendos have absolutely no place in this election," Barajas said. "This isn't a thing we want out there."

Barajas said the slurs asserting Obama was Muslim and tying him to terrorism were like the Democratic Party's attempts make race an issue in the election.

"I think it's a distraction... I figured that we would have moved far beyond this, and as a person of color I'd rather have a discussion on the issues and why Barack Obama is not ready to be commander in chief," Barajas said.

Bob Mulholland, spokesman for the California Democratic Party, said that the state party wasn't focusing on the incident.

"The big picture, that's where we're focusing," Mulholland said. 

"I think the Republicans will be indicted on Nov. 4, so the jury will speak then. The verdict will be Barack Obama for president. We'll be picking up House seats. We'll be picking up Senate seats."

He called the Sacramento County GOP's move just one more flailing attempt to stop the Republicans' slide "down that path of oblivion."

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

madskillz said:
Kasz216 said:

Yep Republicans are the only racists.

It must of been a republican that said

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian Accent."

I wonder who said

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy…”

Some republican probably. No wait that was Joe Biden again.

Joe Biden is the most racist person in this campaign when it comes to the people up top.

The Indian comment was definitely racists. However, I do not take offense to the articulate comment. I am offended when someone calls me boy but Joe grew up in a different time, different age and I will give him a pass on the Obama comment - but not on the Indian comment. Good call.

@ Rocket Pig

What I am saying is - there is no way New Orleans could have evacuated that many folks in that short amount of time. The SuperDome IS a fallout shelter. Had supplies been dropped to the folks there, they would have been fine. However, folks that tried to walk out over a bridge were turned away or shot. They were treated like second-class citizens. Was it their fault that they couldn't leave? The city is already under sea level, and to order a mandatory evacuation - and nada happens - who would foot that bill? Based on that - and the fact that the SuperDome is a nuclear fallout shelter - all the folks in N.O. needed were supplies. Drop them in by helo - or use amphibous tanks or ships to get the supplies in. I agree with you, Pig, that Bush and Co. messed up. And yeah, in retrospect, Blanco and Nagin share some blame - but not as much as the CINC.

Edit: About 'people like you.' You (and your *people*) have it great, man. My people, not so much. Just 40 years ago, my people, not yours, were strung up and we had to fight for the right to vote, and not worry about being lynched. Please, let's not go there.

It's not offensive to Obama.  It's offensive to other black person ever.  Or it should be to you.  He said Barak Obama was the first mainstream, articulate, clean, bright good looking black person ever!

I mean... I can think of a few black people who fit that bill before him.

He also blamed black people for Washingtons school system sucking.

“When you have children coming from dysfunctional homes, when you have children coming from homes where there’s no books, where the mother from the time they’re born doesn’t talk to them — as opposed to the mother in Iowa who’s sitting out there and talks to them, the kid starts out with a 300 word larger vocabulary at age three. Half this education gap exists before the kid steps foot in the classroom,” the Delaware Democrat added.

That you don't find racist?

Auron said:
What is sad is that Republican supporters in this thread justify the racism of their party by pointing out that they aren't the only racists. Just because Biden might be racist doesn't make it ok.......pathetic.

This.

Two wrongs =/= Right.

rocketpig said:
Just can't let go of that race card, can you?

When I said "people like you", I was referring to partisan Democrats. Ugh.

Just for the record, I was joking.  That goes for you too, madskillz. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Florida GOP Fundraiser Sends Email Joke about Killing Barack and Michelle Obama

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Kasz216 said:
madskillz said:
Kasz216 said:

Yep Republicans are the only racists.

It must of been a republican that said

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian Accent."

I wonder who said

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy…”

Some republican probably. No wait that was Joe Biden again.

Joe Biden is the most racist person in this campaign when it comes to the people up top.

The Indian comment was definitely racists. However, I do not take offense to the articulate comment. I am offended when someone calls me boy but Joe grew up in a different time, different age and I will give him a pass on the Obama comment - but not on the Indian comment. Good call.

@ Rocket Pig

What I am saying is - there is no way New Orleans could have evacuated that many folks in that short amount of time. The SuperDome IS a fallout shelter. Had supplies been dropped to the folks there, they would have been fine. However, folks that tried to walk out over a bridge were turned away or shot. They were treated like second-class citizens. Was it their fault that they couldn't leave? The city is already under sea level, and to order a mandatory evacuation - and nada happens - who would foot that bill? Based on that - and the fact that the SuperDome is a nuclear fallout shelter - all the folks in N.O. needed were supplies. Drop them in by helo - or use amphibous tanks or ships to get the supplies in. I agree with you, Pig, that Bush and Co. messed up. And yeah, in retrospect, Blanco and Nagin share some blame - but not as much as the CINC.

Edit: About 'people like you.' You (and your *people*) have it great, man. My people, not so much. Just 40 years ago, my people, not yours, were strung up and we had to fight for the right to vote, and not worry about being lynched. Please, let's not go there.

It's not offensive to Obama.  It's offensive to other black person ever.  Or it should be to you.  He said Barak Obama was the first mainstream, articulate, clean, bright good looking black person ever!

I mean... I can think of a few black people who fit that bill before him.

He also blamed black people for Washingtons school system sucking.

“When you have children coming from dysfunctional homes, when you have children coming from homes where there’s no books, where the mother from the time they’re born doesn’t talk to them — as opposed to the mother in Iowa who’s sitting out there and talks to them, the kid starts out with a 300 word larger vocabulary at age three. Half this education gap exists before the kid steps foot in the classroom,” the Delaware Democrat added.

That you don't find racist?

It depends on the conotation of "blaming".  Also the context, did he go onto talk about why the mother doesn't talk to there kid as much?  Maybe because she has to work two jobs at minimum wage because her mother didn't receive the proper education (because of REAL racism, not what you call racism).

This all comes down to.  Joe Biden and the Democrats fight for minority rights and equality.  Republicans do not.  So when a democrat says something insensitive they have a voting record to fall back on, to prove that it was just in poor taste.  When republicans do it, they have nothing to back it up.

Yes I know many Republicans DO vote for it and are decent people (I have and probably will vote for some), but enough for the past eight years voted against it so Bush could veto civil rights bills.  One of those is John McCain.

They don't want to use quotas (for employment or money distribution) because they wouldn't want us poor gun loving, god fearing (I am both) white voters to realise that they are not on the side of the people.

And for me, it's not guilt.  I am jewish, and once President Palin opens up her death camps I am pretty sure Jews will be on that list too.  Maybe she'll depopulate the less-patriotic, anti-American parts of the country for living space for the purer, patriotic pro-americans.

Note: For any other major presidential candidate or running mate in the last 120 years, I would have added a smiley.

BTW, my congressional district: Tom Feeney compares Acorn to the KKK, those kind of comments show his perception of racial relations and sensitivity.  Acorn gets people to fill out 1.2+ voter registration form, they mark ones they think might be fraudulent, they have to send them all in though; they are not allowed to make the decision whether or not to issue a registration.  Were some people in the organization helping fraudulent behavior? Sure, and those members of Acorn will probably be forgetten once the election is over, whether Rs or Ds win.  Does it matter to the vote? No, they still need to be registered and vote with state ID.  It's illegal, but voter registration fraud is not the same thing as voter fraud or election tampering.  And it sure isn't the same thing as a group of people who go around murdering people based on what skin color they are.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

This is bad but true. Obama claims that 95% of Americans will see a tax cut. What he doesn't mention is that 30% of Americans don't pay any income taxes so what about them? I guess they'll spread the wealth around ;)

sad, It just makes the people who made it look stupid... and gives Obama more ammo to pull the race card.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

halogamer1989 said:
This is bad but true. Obama claims that 95% of Americans will see a tax cut. What he doesn't mention is that 30% of Americans don't pay any income taxes so what about them? I guess they'll spread the wealth around ;)

You do realize that not paying income taxes is not the same as not paying taxes, right?  And where are you getting the 30% from, anyway?  What I mean is, do you have a source