By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Altered Obama photo in GOP club newsletter sparks outrage

rocketpig said:
Dunno but none of my black friends like it while all us honkies slather that shit on everything.

Guess i have "black" tastes.  Can't stand mayonaise.

Ribs and Watermelon are at the top of the list for their respective categories.  Kool-Aid rules.

Around the Network

The Japanese use TONS of mayonnaise.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

i hate that people are mainly paying attention to him for something like his race. people arent voting for/against him because of the issues but because he isnt white. its a political race not a popularity contest...

that being said, it was a pretty funny attack.

This is just downright racist. It's horrible and comes from just one side of the aisle - GOP. However, it's missing something. To make it complete, they should add this image ...

and seal the deal. And the GOP wonders why blacks will go with the Dems - Dems don't do stuff like this. I'd be ashamed if the party I was supporting pulled a punk move like this.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Madskillz, that picture is just as ignorant as the Obama picture.

Unless you honestly believe that the Bush administration were the ones telling people to go to the Superdome. That was Nagan and Blanco... DEMOCRATS. Bush helped fuck up the situation after the fact but it's local government responsibility to set up those shelters, not the Feds.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I was wondering if it is so bad to make a stereotype joke about a Race or a Community.
In India, we have several Communities which greatly differ from each other, and therefore, have some really distinct stereotypes attached to them, which are often used for humor, all taken in the stride.
Could the reason for stuff like this becoming an issue be the feeling of guilt some of the white Americans feel for the actions of their fore-fathers? IF yes, isnt it time they moved on, and started treating the African American Community ,in all honesty, as "just another " Community?

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

rocketpig said:
Madskillz, that picture is just as ignorant as the Obama picture.

Unless you honestly believe that the Bush administration were the ones telling people to go to the Superdome. That was Nagan and Blanco... DEMOCRATS. Bush helped fuck up the situation after the fact but it's local government responsibility to set up those shelters, not the Feds.

Rocket, going to the Superdome was never the problem. The problem was - no aid for a week. I've been to the Superdome. It's a fallout shelter in times of a nuclear strike. The problem is with Bush and Cheney's perception of the incident. It was purely political and a shame. From a black man's perspective, it just reinforces the view that the GOP doesn't care about Afro Americans. From a white man's view, it was just a couple minor mistakes.

I got nailed by Ike. Because of my income, I was able to evacuate, get my spring water and didimow. However, some folks here weren't able to go and once again, the Feds screwed aid up big time - only this time, National Guardsman and Army Reservists were running around neighborhoods, asking folks for food and ice because THEY RAN OUT.

Are you a minority, Pig? If you aren't, then I would doubt you would ever see this from a black man's perspective, nor understand how difficult it is DAILY to live as a black man. I have been one for 35 years and counting, and know it's a struggle, even with a nice job, a small biz and a beautiful family. When you are pulled over, do you pray you get a cop that's not racist? Do you fear being let go from your job because of the color of your skin?

You and others can say it was Nagin and Blanco's fault in the grand scheme of things, but I place blame where it deserves to be placed - at Bush's feet, especially when just a few months earlier, they could fly aid halfway around the world for tsunami victims in a matter of hours and just let aid sit here while they were trying to sort through a mound of paperwork. PHAIL.

And lastly - as folks were dying at the Superdome, remember this?

In the end, it's your opinion against mine, but unless you are a black man, I would never expect you to see the way things are. I rest my case.

BringBackChrono said:
I was wondering if it is so bad to make a stereotype joke about a Race or a Community.
In India, we have several Communities which greatly differ from each other, and therefore, have some really distinct stereotypes attached to them, which are often used for humor, all taken in the stride.
Could the reason for stuff like this becoming an issue be the feeling of guilt some of the white Americans feel for the actions of their fore-fathers? IF yes, isnt it time they moved on, and started treating the African American Community ,in all honesty, as "just another " Community?

The problem with the watermelon stereotype is that is conjures up racist stereotypes.  There are black stereotypes that wouldn't get people this upset, but the email chose to use this one and we all know why.  The emailer thought she was being clever, but 1950's-style "clever" is 2008-style "fucking racist". 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Awesome...good to know that America's racism is still running strong.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson