By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Konami in denial again ...

BMaker11 said:
xman said:
disolitude said:
There is not many people that want to play this game and havent played it already... MGS fanbase is pretty dedicated. Its not a casual play game...

So i don't see why theyd bring it to 360...

Because most 360 owners are hardcore gamers and it will open up anothe 21 million people to the game

Why not put Star Ocean on the PS3 and Wii then? It'll open the game up to 16 and 33 million people, respectively

I'm getting sick of the "it allows more people to play" argument. If there aren't any exclusives, then we might as well have one, singular omniconsole

I agree with you we should put star ocean on the PS3 and WII.  Companies are in it to make MONEY if they do not have an agreement with Sony and it cost minimal money to port over and they can sell another 1 million MGS4 on the 360 thats another 60 million for Konami! 

I wish thee was a single Omniconsole I would bet everyone on thsi board would own one!

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
xman said:
disolitude said:
There is not many people that want to play this game and havent played it already... MGS fanbase is pretty dedicated. Its not a casual play game...

So i don't see why theyd bring it to 360...

Because most 360 owners are hardcore gamers and it will open up anothe 21 million people to the game

Why not put Star Ocean on the PS3 and Wii then? It'll open the game up to 16 and 33 million people, respectively

I'm getting sick of the "it allows more people to play" argument. If there aren't any exclusives, then we might as well have one, singular omniconsole

Oh, that's just Square-Enix dude. Talking about widening their audience with Final Fantasy, while widening their legs with Star Ocean and The Last Remnant.

Since I don't have either system, I have no dog in this fight.
I will say that changing the story without noting there was a correction or clarification is dishonest on the part of the newspaper. That has me much more concerned than whether or not MGS4 will ever be on the Xbox 360. That is one of the bad things about the Internet -- things can change without there ever being proof of how they were originally (or things can disappear without a trace). Even in the Soviet Union during Stalinist times, we know of the revisions of history because someone found copies of the originals. But with the Internet, the truth goes from being eternal to temporal.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

LOL MATURE said:
Seihyouken said:
Sardauk said:

Don't know if it as been posted already  :

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/55389

"Konami, in yet again denying rumors that Kojima Productions' Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) is in the works for the Xbox 360, made a quote from its PR man disappear in the night.

The persistent rumor popped up again after Konami PR rep Yoshitaka Arai told the Japanese branch of investment firm Morningstar, "we are investigating releasing a 360 version." But GameCyte picked up that Japanese game blog my game news flash noticed that the story was quietly changed."

.... some say/feel it could have been changed due to a breach in the exclusivity contract.

LOL the representative was misquoted in the first place. Originally, the statement made my the Konami rep had absolutely nothing to do with MGS4. The original source simply corrected the misquote.

shacknews is late and making everything seem so much more than it is.

also wouldnt "360 fanboys in denial again" be a more suitable headline?

or "ps3 fans convinced one game made a console worth purchasing"

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
LOL MATURE said:
Seihyouken said:
Sardauk said:

"Konami, in yet again denying rumors that Kojima Productions' Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) is in the works for the Xbox 360, made a quote from its PR man disappear in the night.

The persistent rumor popped up again after Konami PR rep Yoshitaka Arai told the Japanese branch of investment firm Morningstar, "we are investigating releasing a 360 version." But GameCyte picked up that Japanese game blog my game news flash noticed that the story was quietly changed."

.... some say/feel it could have been changed due to a breach in the exclusivity contract.

LOL the representative was misquoted in the first place. Originally, the statement made my the Konami rep had absolutely nothing to do with MGS4. The original source simply corrected the misquote.

"360 fans trying to throw out the old tired addage that PS3 has no games"

Around the Network
Torillian said:
Strategyking92 said:
LOL MATURE said:
Seihyouken said:
Sardauk said:

"360 fans trying to throw out the old tired addage that PS3 has no games"

Balckstar above stated "i hope all the games come multi but not this one because the people who bought the ps3 just for this game will end up being sad and i don't like seeing people sad"  He was staing some PS3 fans bought it for the one game.  The PS3 has a good library and a great line up coming out.  the Thread is about MGS4 coming to the 360 which I am all for

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

invisible29 said:
It will NEVER come out Xbox360. IMO

That makes no sense.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Let me make this a little clearer for those who aren't familiar with porting games.

MGS4 was developed for like... 4 years straight (5?) as a PS3 exclusive. It's engine is written so close to the hardware as to be essentially inseparable without extreme engineering expense.

Re-engineering such a title would probably cost Konami over 5 million dollars (in dev costs alone -- and then it would have to be re-advertized, manufactured in 6-DVD sets, etc.), over as long as a couple years.

A 360 port? Anything is possible. Profitable? Probably not... not even close. Don't get your hopes up.

On top of that, Konami has something of an old-school Japan sense of business.. I dunno what to call it... honor?  Not necessarily good for profit, but they are very into keeping their word, and not upsetting their business associates.  If there is some sort of exclusivity deal with Sony, Konami isn't going to be looking for loopholes to break that deal.

Onyxmeth said:
invisible29 said:

That makes sense.

Fixed, but NEVER is a harsh word to use. After all it will bring the MS fans down.

Sephiroth357 said:
Onyxmeth said:
invisible29 said:

That makes sense.

Fixed, but NEVER is a harsh word to use. After all it will bring the MS fans down.

You don't get what I was trying to say. IMO means "in my opinion". Now I'm pretty sure we've established that opinions are never wrong. They are different ways of looking at something that does not have a factual answer. invisible29 said "it will NEVER come out Xbox 360" and considered that to be an opinion. If it does come out, she's wrong. So how can she have an opinion on the subject? What she did was guessed. Guessing and opinions are not the same thing.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.