By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The next big thing

After watching (and predicting) the iPod, Nintendo DS and Wii become smashing successes in spite of being largely discredited by analysts I have become curious as to what average-ordinary internet type people think the 'Next Big Thing' will be ...

What upcomming products are you excited about?
What is the next big trend in Movies, Music and Television?
What is the next diet/fitness fad?

Around the Network

1. Bluray
2. Bluray

Also, with the 3G cellphone networks and video-capable cellphones...we may yet get the videophone everpresent in just about every 80's sci-fi movie

3. the tapeworm diet you take a pill to give you a tapeworm, and then a different pill to kill it off once you have achieved the sexy new you.

The psp

mM

I know you guys are excited about these products but I was mostly curious about what upcomming (unreleased) things you were interested in that are not (necessarily) game related ...

HappySqurriel said:
I know you guys are excited about these products but I was mostly curious about what upcomming (unreleased) things you were interested in that are not (necessarily) game related ...

what about the tapeworm diet?

Around the Network

Scientists discover a previously unknown button hidden on the human body that activates a self cleaning arsehole.

dallas said:
HappySqurriel said:

what about the tapeworm diet?

Why would you want a tapeworm to be eating through your flesh and energy whcih can eventually kill you, in you body?>(     all that ill do is give you the risk of getting another one "if" the pill owrks in killing it.

mM

Life, maybe?

You guys certainly picked great up and coming products ... *sniff*

I'm excited about Fiber Optics because of how much more bandwidth they allow than cable at the moment. Also, Laser TV seems like a good step above Plasma technology. Should be cool.

A big thing I think might hit movies soon is a simultaneous release in theatres, as well as PPV. Attendance to movie theatres has been declining, which is why ticket prices keep rising. Offering a movie day-and-date on PPV could possibly increase revenue/profits faster, especially for movies that tank pretty badly.

City wide cheap Wi-fi connections, which will then be replaced with much higher speed versions. Possibly 100MBit - 1 Gbit connections within the next 5 or 10 years.

I would love to see Fiber Optics, but in the UK that would require a massive investment and I don't see that happening any time soon :(

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"