By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why did you dont buy a PlayStation 3

i did 500$ + game in my market was a steal but it worth it, my favorite console until now.

Around the Network

Well I did buy one, at one point, stupidly for some huge sum of money.

....however that's why one would not buy a PS3...because it's selling for such a large sum of money, I can't readily remember how much. It's like 500 dollars after tax, lol. Jeebus. Hellz no.

Anyway, besides the fact that the PS3 is around 500 dollars with no game?....I also didn't read the OP, just fyi.

Make it 299 at least, immediate competition would knock MS out of the 2nd place race for good, in a years time, 360 might have a slim version or some killer app. Sony needs to act when the time is right, and right now 360 is in a fragile position.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

because i dont like the controller and i am a PS brand hater...

Price
lack of interest in blu ray
cheap arcade price( xbox for every room!)
JRPG fetish

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Cost/benefit at current time.

The magic 8-ball says there is a PS3 in my future, but if I ask it when, it just says "ask again later".

Around the Network

people who say PS3 is to expensive, work it out if your paying for xbl it will more or less equal itself out after a while.

I guess your paying all in 1
rather than
paying over time.

oliminator1994 said:
people who say PS3 is to expensive, work it out if your paying for xbl it will more or less equal itself out after a while.

I guess your paying all in 1
rather than
paying over time.

Choice.

I don't want Bluray or Wifi. I don't have gold all year round, I really don't use live in the summer months.

Shadowblind said:

Not enough games that interest me that aren't already on 360.

This.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

First, it was the $600 price tag. There was no way I'd ever spend that much on just a console and controller.

They then proceeded to drop the price (still not low enough) AND take out backwards compatibility. Along with the fact that there weren't a lot of games that interested me, this was pretty big.

Now, the price is still too high, but there are games I am interested in.

However, even if the price came down, I don't have enough free time to play games on the the 2 systems I own + a new system.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

cause they did don't make it cheap for me wallets

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO