By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Current XB360 lead on PS3, it must be admitted...

Sony would be in a tough spot if they dont drop the price
in time for the hoilday.. but they say they wont

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Around the Network

I dont think they will be in a tough spot I think they are ok to not sell more than the 360 overall PS3 sales have been good at the $399.00 price point. If they are making a profit and they sell 2-3 million they would rather do that than cut the price and lose money and sell 4-6 miilion

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

If thanks to price cuts they sell more, they lose something in the immediate, but they get cost reductions before too and they sell more games and get more royalties. So it may cost now, but pay in future. Anyway IMHO the issue is that if even at the current price they can reach their sales goal, then a price cut isn't necessary. If cutting prices request rises so much that offer can't meet it, then they waste a price cut and lose money, so in this case a price cut would even backfire. But my initial point starting the thread was that this time MS timed the price cut well enough to leave Sony at least in partial uncertainty longer than they could hope, there is really a very little chance that Sony is really forced to offer price cuts to support sales, but if this should happen (very, very unlikely, even at its lowest PS3 is currently doing better than before last Xmas season, when its 9+ monts of WW sales dominance on XB started), Sony would have to react later than at the optimal time. So while this price cut had quite deceiving effects (last Autumn Halo 3 launch did much better), it has a longer lasting side effect that can at least console MS just a little bit.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

there is nothing for sony or the ps3 fanboys to worry about. the ps3 has been out selling the 360 70/80% of this year. a 360 lead was very small back in july. the 360 just started to outsell the ps3 by a notable difference in sept.

ps3 has a huge solid lineup of games this holiday season while the 360 cant really compare.

xman said:
I dont think they will be in a tough spot I think they are ok to not sell more than the 360 overall PS3 sales have been good at the $399.00 price point. If they are making a profit and they sell 2-3 million they would rather do that than cut the price and lose money and sell 4-6 miilion

This

Around the Network
twesterm said:

They aren't going to drop the price this year

There. One time for how many more analysts come up with some silly reason Sony *must* drop their price this holiday season will appear this week.

C'mon stop avoiding giving a straight answer!

Do you think they will drop the price of the PS3 this year?

theprof00 said:
Sony is not going to drop price and lose money during their busiest season with some huge games coming out.
LBP
Socom
BioShock
Far Cry2
Monopoly
Eternal Sonata
Motorstorm: PR
Naruto:UNS
Resistance 2
Valkyria Chronicles
Singstar
You must stop posting these "ideas". Sony will lose money if they drop the price more. Why drop the price, while having the biggest game release of the system when you are losing 150-200$ a console coupled with the christmas holiday season.

LBP by itself will put ps3 on top of the 360. now stop it.

Monopoly  Lmao!!!

It's fun reading these fanboy fights over 2nd place.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Forget about the x360 vs ps3 figth, the Sony problem is user base. The faster they sell, more software they sell, simple as that. And it´s in sw that the money is(Ninty excepted). If you see the NA sales, for each ps3 sold there are 10 games sold, that´s roughly $400, given some cheaper games, so it´s worth it to drop price by $50 at least, since there´s demand for it, but the high price just avoids this demand turning into sales. The x360 just proved it. At $199, they are selling 20k more than the average just a few months earlier in america. They could do it in NA and Japan, would be worth it, since user base is everything. To beat MS shouldn´t be the reason to drop price, but getting a bigger user base early in the gen.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Sony may or may not drop the price come November....

However if they are planning a price drop they will not announce it until a few days b4.

It would be a commercial deathwish as no one would buy a PS3 until the price cut takes hold....

Even the rumour of a potential price cut would hurt Sony..

Dare I suggest these posts could be a little disingenuous.