By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Portal: Still Alive comming to XBLA on October 22

Mistershine said:
d21lewis said:
How big is the file? Space is sparce on my 20 gig Hard Drive. Plus, the NXE is coming. I need an upgrade, quick!

It can't be that big in order to be an XBLA game.

It's been confirmed at 1200 points by the way.

really?  thats nice, because i thought it was going to be like 1600+

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
Everstar said:
zexen_lowe said:
Everstar said:
Exclusively for the XBLA nice =0

Yes, if you don't count that it's the same original game plus levels that all of them are available for free for PC since a year ago

GLaDOS is still alive, and coming to Xbox LIVE Arcade this Wednesday.

You are invited to return to the Aperture Science Enrichment Center this Wednesday, October 22 at 9 a.m. GMT (2:00 a.m. PDT) via Xbox LIVE Arcade. Due to the unforeseen conclusion of your last visit, all necessary precautions have been taken to ensure that “Portal: Still Alive” is a sanitary, objective, and mostly non-lethal testing environment.

In addition to the original award winning first-person puzzle experience, Aperture Science is proud to provide 14 new challenge maps exclusive to Xbox LIVE Arcade. Six advanced maps will also be provided to help guide you along the way.  

Though prior test subjects proved to be unstable and may have presented false information, Aperture Science is pleased to inform you that your cake is indeed waiting for you and that the Weighted Companion Cube misses you in your absence. 

Please review the following incentivizing memorandum:.

SO those maps are already on the PC?

Portal: Still Alive was announced as an exclusive Xbox Live Arcade game at the 2008 E3 convention to be released on October 22, 2008,[44] and will feature new levels and achievements.[45] The additional content will be drawn from levels from the map pack based on "Portal: The Flash Version" created by We Create Stuff and will contain no additional story-related levels.[46] According to Valve spokesman Doug Lombardi, Valve has been in discussion with Microsoft to bring Portal to Xbox Live Marketplace, but was limited by the amount of bandwidth that Microsoft is willing to allow for such content.[47]

Wiki

And yes, the pack is free for PC, I played it

So these new levels are going to be the 2D Portal Flash levels or are they remaking them in 3D fo this game?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:
zexen_lowe said:
Everstar said:
zexen_lowe said:
Everstar said:

Yes, if you don't count that it's the same original game plus levels that all of them are available for free for PC since a year ago

You are invited to return to the Aperture Science Enrichment Center this Wednesday, October 22 at 9 a.m. GMT (2:00 a.m. PDT) via Xbox LIVE Arcade. Due to the unforeseen conclusion of your last visit, all necessary precautions have been taken to ensure that “Portal: Still Alive” is a sanitary, objective, and mostly non-lethal testing environment.

In addition to the original award winning first-person puzzle experience, Aperture Science is proud to provide 14 new challenge maps exclusive to Xbox LIVE Arcade. Six advanced maps will also be provided to help guide you along the way.  

Though prior test subjects proved to be unstable and may have presented false information, Aperture Science is pleased to inform you that your cake is indeed waiting for you and that the Weighted Companion Cube misses you in your absence. 

Portal: Still Alive was announced as an exclusive Xbox Live Arcade game at the 2008 E3 convention to be released on October 22, 2008,[44] and will feature new levels and achievements.[45] The additional content will be drawn from levels from the map pack based on "Portal: The Flash Version" created by We Create Stuff and will contain no additional story-related levels.[46] According to Valve spokesman Doug Lombardi, Valve has been in discussion with Microsoft to bring Portal to Xbox Live Marketplace, but was limited by the amount of bandwidth that Microsoft is willing to allow for such content.[47]

Wiki

So these new levels are going to be the 2D Portal Flash levels or are they remaking them in 3D fo this game?

No, the Flash Version has already been remade into a free 3D mappack for the PC version of Portal (http://portalmaps.wecreatestuff.com), now they are just porting the maps to XBLA with the original game and renaming it so people think it's a new game

zexen_lowe said:
Onyxmeth said:
zexen_lowe said:
Everstar said:
zexen_lowe said:
Everstar said:

Wiki

No, the Flash Version has already been remade into a free 3D mappack for the PC version of Portal (http://portalmaps.wecreatestuff.com), now they are just porting the maps to XBLA with the original game and renaming it so people think it's a new game

Oh ok. The wording on that Wiki article is very misleading.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I might get this.

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
Onyxmeth said:
zexen_lowe said:
Everstar said:
zexen_lowe said:
Everstar said:

Wiki

Never played the 3D version of the mappack and even though I already have the Orange Box for my 360 I will buy it. New achievements FTW !!!

Can you get the extra levels without paying for the full game? I was going to get this, but I recently decided I should just go ahead and get the Orange box instead (I've never played HL2 before--I know i know).

polezo said:
Can you get the extra levels without paying for the full game? I was going to get this, but I recently decided I should just go ahead and get the Orange box instead (I've never played HL2 before--I know i know).

This is exactly the situation I'm in. 

I hope they release the extra levels by themselves for less than the full game.  I know they're free on PC, but I'd rather not have to buy the entire game again just to get free levels.