By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you buy games at first day?

Usually.

Around the Network

Only for games where I am really really hyped for.

Most of the time, guess it depends on the game too how much anticipation i have for it.

Yes, my most wanted ones. Next day 1 purchases will be Sam & Max (Wii) and Prof. Layton (DS).

No. I think I've only done it a few times before. I think I got Street Fighter 2: Turbo for the SNES right when it came out, possibly the first day. I also got very excited for Mario Kart DS so I actually pre-ordered that and I think I also bought True Crime: Streets of LA for the GC since I was interested a GTA clone on a Nintendo system.

Generally though now, I won't buy a game first day. I like to see plenty of reviews and even fan reviews, Games are too expensive to buy just on hype alone.

Oh I also bought Super Mario Galaxy first day because I was sure it would be a great game and I think there were already reviews online saying it was excellent. And I bought it at Toys R Us which had a great promotion going on if you bought the game. They were giving out a $25 gift card along with SMG so that was a steal.

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Around the Network

as a rule of thumb I buy titles day one if I anticipate them for more than half a year.

I'm not a fanboy, I just don't enjoy dual analog control.  It's d-pad or wii-mote for me.

the conduit has changed the way wii play games.

I know.  I'm sick of the puns too.

I pre ordered fable 2 that one and gears will be day one purchases for me

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

More often than not. This gen there is no game I have bought more than a week after it came out and about 85% of the games I have bought have been day 1.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

typically no. If I pre-order them, I now order them from the VGChartz store to help out the site. Amazon ships for free, and it only takes 2 days to get where I live (its nice being near a distribution center)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

As I wrote also in my profile, I'm so far behind in my gaming schedule (alas also in my studies ) that I buy almost always games when they go budget. Gaming on PC this also saves me from bugs, besides from crappy games.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!