By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Play Magazine Enters "Lair", Wants to Have Its Babies

The head guy at Factor 5 compared Gears and Lair in an interview once. He was saying stuff like Gears looks good, but it's always in small areas fighting only a few enemies at a time and Lair looks good, but you're in huge areas fighting a whole lot of enemies at a time. I think he also talked about the Unreal engine and the engine used for Lair, but I believe it was a similar comparison.

Around the Network
Bodhesatva said:
kber81 said:
Bodhesatva said:

If our metric for quality is majority opinion, then obviously most people don't agree that the PS3 has the best games, either. It is by far the least popular console of this generation. Therefore, the PS3 is the worst.

Please. This is just silly. You act like a kid. What are these PC games that humilate consoles? Starcraft? WoW?

What? This isn't relevant to my post. You said that most people don't agree that PC games are the best.

Again, if you believe that the best measurement for system quality is popularity, then the PS3 is the least popular platform of this generation (it's difficult to tell how many people have high end PCs). Therefore, the PS3 (or PC, perhaps, although I think at least 4 million people have bought high end PCs in the last 2 years) is the worst platform of this generation.

Let me spell something out for you, not being willing to pay more than $300 dollars for a gaming system DOES NOT EQUAL unpopularity! You can argue that its unpopular but everywhere I go, EVERYWHERE people are saying that they will get a PS3 when the price goes down (usual <=$300 and guess what, they already have a wii, so its not taking its marketshare.

Sorry to yell, I've been having a bad day :( 

BenKenobi88 said:
Yeah, you'd think that'd be a con for PC games...games gradually seem graphically worse over your PC's life...but I don't really care...

I buy the game.

It's on my computer.

If I buy a new computer, that same game goes on my new computer, and looks better! You can't do that with consoles...

doesnt ps1 games play and look  better on ps2?.

doesnt ps2 games play and... look... bette..... well Vista.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Cool!

Lair's my next MUST-BUY

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million