By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP clamshell design

Like this?

Or like this?

Or maybe a Gameboy design?

Or a hybrid iPhone design?

k

I thought you guys might get a kick out of these designs.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

I picked DS over PSP because of the clamshell. I prefer to have the screens protected w/o additional accessories that bulk up the handheld.

Galaki said:
I picked DS over PSP because of the clamshell. I prefer to have the screens protected w/o additional accessories that bulk up the handheld.

the psps screen is pretty sturdy with just a thin sheet of screen protector. if you sit on either of the console, there will be damage in either case...

errorrrr said:
Galaki said:

the psps screen is pretty sturdy with just a thin sheet of screen protector. if you sit on either of the console, there will be damage in either case...

I don't really use them as chairs but as exercise mats. When you line them up side by side in 4 by 15, you can actually play WiiFit on them without breaking them since your weight is equally distributed, but I would not recommend the jogging game or anything that might involve jumping. That will surely crush the handhelds beneath.

@onyxmeth: I love the last one! But for the next psp, I think it would be cool if you could "take" the screen off to use it as a mp3-mp4 player with a touch pad! Like this one:

http://videogames.techfresh.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/sony-psp-2-concept.jpg

Around the Network
Galaki said:
errorrrr said:
Galaki said:

I don't really use them as chairs but as exercise mats. When you line them up side by side in 4 by 15, you can actually play WiiFit on them without breaking them since your weight is equally distributed, but I would not recommend the jogging game or anything that might involve jumping. That will surely crush the handhelds beneath.

Sarcasm +3 for you.

And actually I've sat on my DS lite before without any damage at all. It's just uncomfortable. I suppose it might break if I do some sort of butt slam maneuver as I sit, but so far it hasn't become an issue. I think what Galaki's bigger issue is the same as mine, which is the scenario where you put your handheld in your pocket only to remember later that was the pocket you keep your keys or loose change in. With the DS lite, that can only cause surface damage, but the PSP seems like it would be in much greater danger, as the actual display could be damaged.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her