By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So what's next for the world of Lego games?

As far as I'm aware, there aren't any currently announced Lego games in the works. But there's no way they're stopping with Batman. Lego has proven to be big gaming bucks and we're sure to see many franchises follow (hopefully a bit more spaced out though, as to prevent the franchise from turning sour).

Fortunately, the current line up of franchises from Starwars to Jones to Batman proves that just about anything can be legoized. So what's next? What film or culture phenomena will get the Lego treatment? Harry Potter? Lord of the Rings? Spiderman?  Is there even any way to predict what would come next? So far film has been a big indicator. I'm sure we wouldn't have seen Lego Indiana if it weren't for the horribly horrid Crystal Skull. Ditto the resurgence of Film Batman. So will the decision be based on the next big block buster? or just the most bankable mythology/cultural icons?

discuss. Discuss like the wind!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

Lego GTA I gotta say it

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Lego Transformers would be pretty cool

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Lego Final Fantasy 7 thats how the remake is going to happen, so the characters will actually look just like they did on the PS1 >_>

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

lego LOTR!! only because theyd make Boromirs death so funny...

Around the Network

I'm thinking Harry Potter would be the next logical step. Good demographic overlap, continued interest in the series with new movies (is it just this last one, or is there another on the way?) and enough films to squeeze 2 games out of it.

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Lego Halo

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection

I want a real Lego game. They give you hundreds of Lego pieces and you snap those bad boys together to create your own games with. You can create rooms, levels, whatever and share them over the net.

Out of series though, I suppose Prince of Persia would be cool if it's allowed. The film is coming out next summer.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I would love a Lego game where every stage is based on a other famous Videogame.

So you guys are all pretty set on videogame lego adaptations, eh? I've got to admit I don't really see that happening. Part of why the lego games are successful is that they reach out to such a broad audience. Both gamers, and anyone who likes the franchises they ...honour? lampoon? It just seems unlikely that they'd make a lego game of another game. I can't see it selling too well.