Around the Network
whatever said:
Retrasado said:
Kasz216 said:
konnichiwa said:
MontanaHatchet said:
bigjon said:
McCain is smoking him right now.

I just took a shower (thought I'd let you all kniw) and I need to catch up on the debates. Can I get an opinion from someone who doesn't say solely negative things about one candidate and solely positive things about another? Kasz, Vagabond, looking at you guys...

Ugh I missed it but they just said the name of a site where you could get summary's of the debate X_X.

Moveon.org.

Which is actually a horrible horrible site to get a recap from.  It'd be like getting a recap from Foxnews.

Well worse actually.

I mean their front page story right now is about how they are throwing parties to get swing states to go Obama.

umm... foxnews may be biased, but their not even CLOSE to moveon.com....

The difference is that moveon doesn't pretend to be unbiased.  They don't act like they are part of the mainstream media.  Nobody believes that moveon is fair and balanced.  As hard as it is to believe, some people do think fox is fair and balanced.

well, if you're used to watching something like MSNBC, I can understand how one could think that. (btw, I do agree with you on the bolded, just saying...)

@NJ5

see my previous post for the vid link

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

sam12 said:
Mac certainly kicked Arugula's ***

What debate were you watching?  Obama won it easily.

23 minutes in.... McCain is owning so far imo.

"Senator Obama. I am not President Bush"

lmao

27 mins.... McCain repudiated all "out-of bounds" remarks against obama? WTF?

100% of McCain's ads have been negative? WTF?

29 mins...... Joe again? WHATTHE**??? is mccain gay or something? let joe go man. he's behind you now.... 

34 mins... oooh Ayers.... nice one obama... mention Reagan. mccain looks nervous... gotta hand it to yah good move. (not being sarcastic either)

38 hmm..... obama owns there... Mccain not looking good

43 wow. major own by obama there on the VP question....

45 *facepalm* Mccain. you just said you would support funding for special needs stuff. how can you say obama is bad for doing that? (I say cut it across the board, but if you;'re not going to, don't double-deal with your opponent)

48 ok, what does the fact that we have 3-4% of the world's oil reserves have to do with the fact we use 25% of the world's oil? obama fail

54 lol mccain owned on his rebuttal to obama's response to his question. (in other words, he owned himself lol)

58 ok, seriously mccain, WHAT THE HELL is up with joe? something you want to tell us? want to "come out"?

61 Joe again? 

64 hmmm.... not a bad followup though. +1 for mccain

lol. cspan's servers are getting crushed.

68 Mccain wins on the abortion question. still, you've got to hand it to obama for the brilliance of his answer to satisfy both views.

71 mccain wins again on partial birth abortion question imho

72 *facepalm* obama. where in the US constitution does it say that you can't prohibit partial-birth abortions?

76 I haven't heard mccain's response yet, but fail on obama to keep throwing more money at the schools. It doesnt work. period. Also, just a note. I was homeschooled by my parents for all twelve grades and there's no way they spent more than $4000 total for all twelve years of my school. And yet, I passed 6 AP tests, three with 5s (the highest score possible). How many kids do you know who even took 6 AP tests, let alone pass them. And I did that for less than $350/year.

78 well, at least obama answered the question, even if he was totally wrong imo. mccain fails. obama +1

82 "washington dc vouchers - vouchers, senator obama. I'm surprised at you for not mentioning that". ooohh nice comeback mccain. /sarcasm

84 well, not as bad as I thought mccain..... you're still a douche though.

85 mccain last statement before final statement = totally astronomic failure

87 hrm not too good closing statement for mccain, but not too too bad....

89 obama much better delivery.

89 obama, how is cutting taxes on the middle class, expanding health care coverage, and "investing in our future" going to help cut government spending?

My take: either tie or razor thin Obama win.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

whatever said:
sam12 said:
Mac certainly kicked Arugula's ***

What debate were you watching? Obama won it easily.

I believe he was talking about the produce departments debate.

The fruits are totally going to kick the vegetables asses this election.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Around the Network

wasn't there a part where mccain asked what the fee for business would be for joe the plumber in regards to insurance providing?
I was sure that Obama said there would be no fee because small business was exempt from that, and that he was targetting big business.
Anyhow, McCain then said "you hear that Joe, you are going to have to pay a fine"
Can this guy remember anything even 3 minutes after they are said?

Retrasado said:

23 minutes in.... McCain is owning so far imo.

"Senator Obama. I am not President Bush"

lmao

27 mins.... McCain repudiated all "out-of bounds" remarks against obama? WTF?

100% of McCain's ads have been negative? WTF?

29 mins...... Joe again? WHATTHE**??? is mccain gay or something? let joe go man. he's behind you now.... 

34 mins... oooh Ayers.... nice one obama... mention Reagan. mccain looks nervous... gotta hand it to yah good move. (not being sarcastic either)

38 hmm..... obama owns there... Mccain not looking good

I agree.  McCain was doing great until question 3.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

i also liked when mccain said
"we don't care about some washed up terrorist,..... but really we need to know what your connection is"
lol could mccain contradict himself any more in that debate. i was laughing the whole time.

oh i also liked:
"I am not president Bush"
later on in the debate.....
"Obama has voted with the democrats 97% of the time"

FACTS:
McCain has voted WITH Bush 95% of the time.
so, theoretically, Obama can be completely democrat, but McCain cannot be Bush.
I guess that 2% difference is the key between being and not being. lol

So who won? I missed the debate...sounds like it was another tie so far. A tie is a loss for McCain though. Good to see Obama is playing it cool. It seems to be a pretty effective strategy, as McCain is wearing himself out and it makes him seem more erratic, which is a quality the GOP tries to pin on Obama.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson