By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN did NOT like Wii Music

radha said:
Kyros said:
why the hate? i mean, those words describe wii(fit, sport, play) . It will sell like crazy anyway

I beg to differ. Wii Sports is one of the best games for playing together. This looks like the sucks.

The difference is that simple motions give you quite nice interactions for Tennis, Bowling whatever but surely not for music instruments. Because of this Guitar Hero and Rock Band provide you with hugely expensive peripherals even for Wii.

Besides Wii Sports is only great when played in multiplayer it would be boring as hell in single-player. And excuse me but I cannot see anyone jamming together with Wii Music.

So its essentially a Wii Sports game without the two things that make Wii Sports great. Playing against each other and simple motions.

I have played wii sport briefly but i think that is does not requiers any true skill ( metroid for example does require skill), on the other hand wii music seems to requiere some skill (i have only seen the videos), that to me could make it more genuinly interesting than wii sports, that does not means it more fun that wii sport but at least more interesting.

Dude, if you've only played it briefly, then you have no idea how it tests your skill. Boxing alone is a workout with a fair amount of timing and reaction needed. Golf takes some serious sensitivity and thought, same with bowling. Baseball takes a lot of timing, and tennis, while it only takes some basic timing for the actual game, the training games for everything are seriously intense.

This is part of what comes with having a WIDE audience for a game, the main part is going to be easy enough for less skilled players to still get somethign out of. If you want your games to be challenging, try actually taking 10 minutes to LOOK for that challenge.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
epsilon72 said:

Also, it looks like a lot of the Sony fans here aren't even giving this game a chance at all.  Would they think the same way if this game was being released on their platform instead?

Well i've never seen Griffin make the same comments about Singstar so I'm guessing no.

I've never seen a Singstar thread in my entire time on this site so my comments would never of been seen about it.  And Singstar is nothing like wii music, it falls more in line with a karaoke machine then anything else.   And i don't see a problem with singing, and there are singing games on all the systems similar to Singstar.  But if Sony or Microsoft made a game at all similar to wii music then you would hear my opinions about it.  I've also watched about 20 wii music videos so i know what the game is about.

If you people are really against Wii music. Here's a tip.

Don't talk about it or give it attention.

Seriously exactly like what happened with Wii fit. Most people who didn't like or want the game kept moaning and complaining till the point it got everyone constantly looking up the game and updating there forums over it.

Also game reviews hardly reflect the outcome of a game sales. We should all know that by now.

Wii music existence offends me.

Wow. I was thinking that if something like this were to come to the PS3, we'd be constantly hearing:

PS3 "Jam" is going to be HUGE.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

@Savior

Since E3 that's all I've been thinking. A bloody level editor is going to be considered a full fledged game when meeting daily challenges in a simulator that win/lose factor affects even real life isn't.

But everyone is entitled to thier opinions.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

People who regular post on video game boards, that is really the target audience of Wii Music.

Not surprised most people bash it here, what only a few thousand people come here, while millions will buy this. I could see people not liking a game, I don't like many games but people are taking hating to this game to extremes. Also games aren't what you define it as, games already have a definition and people will be entertained by this.

I don't want to buy this but don't have any reason to bash it and will play someone else's copy.

NiKKoM said:

Well yeah.. if you play it like this.. it sucks..

lmao... that was completely awful yet completely amusing

BornFirst. said:

After i saw this video, i am so excited for this game, give it a watch

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=vOx3G2AAFUI&NR=1

That was an excellent performance!!!

EDIT

foreword the video to about 5 min in (too much useless talk.)

this was the vid that completed my "changed mind"ism.. if i had a bigger interest in music, i'd get this game - i still might if/when it comes to a slightly lower price range

LPgirl435 said:
NiKKoM said:

Well yeah.. if you play it like this.. it sucks..

lmao... that was completely awful yet completely amusing

tabsina said:
BornFirst. said:

After i saw this video, i am so excited for this game, give it a watch

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=vOx3G2AAFUI&NR=1

That was an excellent performance!!!

EDIT

foreword the video to about 5 min in (too much useless talk.)

this was the vid that completed my "changed mind"ism.. if i had a bigger interest in music, i'd get this game - i still might if/when it comes to a slightly lower price range

Both these videos, show the potential of wii-music. On the first music, we see IGN playing the legend of zelda song HORRENDOUSLY. You can literally just listen to them waggle the wii-mote constantly in some notes, not keeping in tune with the beat or rythum of the song. They almost sound more interested in getting the worst quality video out possible to quite frankly, justify their reviews. Which honestly, I cannot trust since they gave GTA4 perfect reviews when the game is very CLEARLY flawed. (My problems came mostly with online)

The 2nd video, JC Rodrigo really takes super mario brothers and plays it great. He puts his own twist on it and properly demostrates that this game is more creative than mashing buttons or hitting pads on plastic replicas of drums and guitars in order to pretend your playing a song someone else made.

That creativity aspect on its own is enough to give this game for me a 8/10. Just to be able to take something and change it to fit my style better.

Edit - I'm just gonna throw it out here, but wouldn't it been more fair of IGN to put up a video of them actually playing the song well as a comparison video? We got two videos, one of them butching legend of zelda, and a poor video of matt playing La Bomba. It doesn't even feel like they are trying. I'm sick of IGN's biased opinion.

Besides, Catsuit, Dogsuit and CHEERLEADER? Comonnn!!

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?