By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How is it a long time to fix RRod?

ok i see that a lot of people are saying that when you get RRod its such a hassle to get it fixed because it takes such a long time to get your console back. How I mean my friend got his 360 at Costco and when his got RRod he just took it back and gave him a brand new one and guess what else since the Xbox had dropped in price he still got like an extra 100$ of store credit lol because they just totally refunded his money of what he originally paid. I was just wondering can you do that at other stores?

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Around the Network

you are looking at the infantessimally smallest slice of pie on the "where people bought 360's" chart.
The average person does this
1. shit bricks
2. try to find the box and stuff to return it.
3. get to the store and then find out it isn't returnable
4. go back home and call microsoft for a box
5. wait several days for the box.
6. send out the console and get it back 2-3 weeks later based on delivery method and reliability
7. hope it doesn't happen again
8. quit doing any drugs that took the place of the 360 while it was out

Everstar said:

ok i see that a lot of people are saying that when you get RRod its such a hassle to get it fixed because it takes such a long time to get your console back. How I mean my friend got his 360 at Costco and when his got RRod he just took it back and gave him a brand new one and guess what else since the Xbox had dropped in price he still got like an extra 100$ of store credit lol because they just totally refunded his money of what he originally paid. I was just wondering can you do that at other stores?

Here in Belgium (Europe for the ignorant), I signaled the problem to MS customer support wich directly sent an email with the UPS order. They came to my house the next day to pick it up, sent it to a repair center in Germany and returned it to me. The whole process took less than a week (week-end included).

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

i never got rrod

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:
i never got rrod

me either lol

Around the Network

A lot depends on where the console is purchased and whether or not the consumer has paid for additional store warranty. For example if the console breaks down you get a new one free of charge.

Branko2166 said:
A lot depends on where the console is purchased and whether or not the consumer has paid for additional store warranty. For example if the console breaks down you get a new one free of charge.

Fuck i wasnt even think about warranties =///

axumblade said:
Most stores don't cover red ring of death. I work at best buy and now if a 360 comes in with the red ring, we have to tell them to ship it off to microsoft. Not because of Best Buy but because Microsoft wants them shipped off to them.

Oh i see

Costco offers something like 2 years warranty.

axumblade said:
Most warranties don't cover red ring of death. I work at best buy and now if a 360 comes in with the red ring, we have to tell them to ship it off to microsoft. Not because of Best Buy but because Microsoft wants them shipped off to them.

if thats not listed directly in the warranty thats a law suit your looking at though that varries state to state. one of the reasons people do take those out is drop off connivance. for not covering that without a clause listing it your looking at fraud. though it does seem best buy tries to dissuade you from getting a warranty honored, i had to take them to small claims once over an slr, i ended up getting twice the value of the camera back since they violated the contract (they did not show up so default judgement) they paid up, and i used B&H since it was cheaper, and bestbuy had made it clear they had no intentions of honoring warranty for drop offs

if bestbuy does not honor it, check your local laws, you way be able to get claims of up to 5times the original value, though you want to make sure you dont take the award amount above small claims limits for your state 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog