By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Why do we need two or three threads based on the exact same subject?

I see too often where a new game, story or some breaking news will get multiple threads in one day. It's annoying and detracts from the flow of conversation if you have all these different threads talking about the same exact thing. Is it possible for people to do a search or could a moderator merge the threads into one or just close the more recent duplicate threads?

I'll come up with something better eventually...

Around the Network

If you see duplicate threads report them and we'll happily lock them.

Guaranteed successful thread. That's my take. While I could care less who makes what thread, there are those that know a "Game X coming to System Y" or a "Megaman vs. Bomber Man: Who would win?" thread would garner a ton of replies. People lack originality and love attention.

By the way, LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!

d21lewis said:
Guaranteed successful thread. That's my take. While I could care less who makes what thread, there are those that know a "Game X coming to System Y" or a "Megaman vs. Bomber Man: Who would win?" thread would garner a ton of replies. People lack originality and love attention.

By the way, LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!

I'm looking and I see a very sexy man...

OT: yeah.. these MGS4 threads are getting out of control... I do wish there were more Kevin Sorbo in the Conduit threads...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

twesterm said:

This is actually in response to your post in the other thread, get over yourself. Is it really neccessary to be rude?

Around the Network
coasterlove said:
twesterm said:

This is actually in response to your post in the other thread, get over yourself. Is it really neccessary to be rude?

Absolutely it is. 

I could have been nicer I suppose, but it's aggrevating when someone does some silly little thing like that to take up my already fairly limited time I have to read the forums.

Yes and I understand that and that was my point. I expected it to be locked, deleted or whatever was required. I just see way too many duplicate topics and was trying to get the point across to any member who happened to read it.

coasterlove said:
Yes and I understand that and that was my point. I expected it to be locked, deleted or whatever was required. I just see way too many duplicate topics and was trying to get the point across to any member who happened to read it.

Making the thread to ask the question is enough, you don't have to make another duplicate thread for us to suddenly realize there are duplicate threads out there.

If you could only see all the threads I lock you would know I've locked about 20 LBP threads in the last week alone.  All you're doing is just making more work for us.  Believe me, we know duplicate threads exist and we lock them as we find them.

If you really want to do something just report duplicate threads.  You don't have have to make some witty meaningful thread with a duplicate thread, just press the report button.

twesterm said:
coasterlove said:

Making the thread to ask the question is enough, you don't have to make another duplicate thread for us to suddenly realize there are duplicate threads out there.

If you could only see all the threads I lock you would know I've locked about 20 LBP threads in the last week alone.  All you're doing is just making more work for us.  Believe me, we know duplicate threads exist and we lock them as we find them.

If you really want to do something just report duplicate threads.  You don't have have to make some witty meaningful thread with a duplicate thread, just press the report button.

The biggest problem is some mods seem fine with it. I have seen them posting about the same topic across the myriad threads that get created after every fanboy meltdown. It is hard to take the rule seriousl when the staff seems to see it as an acceptable practice.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Is there a way to merge threads? I think that's usually the best solution.