By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The official Killzone 2 thread of beta impressions/matchmaking/sharing...

DMeisterJ said:
outlawauron said:
DMeisterJ said:
outlawauron said:
Sorry, DMJ, but I think everyone predicted this.

So did I.

I had an eerie feeling it would happen. 

I just have weird luck.  Sometimes it's awesome, and sometimes it isn't.  I suppose it evens out.  lol.

Any idea when it will even out?

I'm never predicting anything ever again in life, lol.  It saves disappointment.  ;_;

Soon is the only word that I can use to describe it ^_-

Well, scratch that actually, I'll be able to buy it myself when my F-aid/grant money gets released by my school at the beginning of December (when i originally planned on it), but my b-day was just a way to get it sooner. 

Of course this means that I won't be able to help LBPs first day sales.  lol.

You technically still can...lol.

Around the Network

Loool.

I'm a fan, but not that much.

^I'm really disappointed... tsk tsk tsk... >=(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Im good for a game tonight. You up for it?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I need to practice some piano for a midterm tomorrow, but I should be able to play. When? I have about 2 hours in which to practice (should take half an hour) and play.

Edit: Just noticed your post is two hours old.  >_>

Around the Network

Anytime, it's either play or do Excel trainings for ISDS.......

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

One complaint I've had with the beta thus far (and it's entirely superficial) is the way thy've altered the coloring of the map originally shown at E307 (a portion of the map makes up the Blood Gulch mutiplayer level).  It's as if they listened to all the haters and added in a bit more color, thus taking away it's awesome contrast. The sky is much darker, more like night, rather than like an ominous storm cloud.  Aside form the sky, the level in general seems to be brighter, and less subdued.  I'm hoping they just did this for multiplayer.

Here's a shot of the original version of the level:

Compared to this:

I know it's hard to understand what I mean when looking at these two shots, but I preferred the style in the upper picture more.

Here's another look at the original version:

The general look of the square is cooler, imo, and the other areas of the level are darker in this video, allowing the lighting from gunshots to stand out more.

Of course, they could've just changed this for multiplayer to make it easier for each team to see.

^^ pics and video doesn't look as good on my TV when I'm playing the beta. T_T
Though I've heard they reduce games visually in multiplayer to limit lag.

Who's up for a few games tonight?

Also M, this isn't the right thread but, do we keep our LBP save file from the beta when we get the game or do we have to start all over?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

I wanna play tonight but I don't know how. Someone PM me instructions. DMJ is willing to help!!!

iclim4 said:

^^ pics and video doesn't look as good on my TV when I'm playing the beta. T_T
Though I've heard they reduce games visually in multiplayer to limit lag.

Who's up for a few games tonight?

Also M, this isn't the right thread but, do we keep our LBP save file from the beta when we get the game or do we have to start all over?

Start all over.  :(

And they look great on my tv.

Keep in mind, however, that not only is it multiplayer (the second screenshot is multiplayer as well), but it's also a beta.  The game still has 3-4 months left of polish to go through, not to mention I'm sure they limited the textures somewhat to make the download smaller (how they managed to get it under half a GB is beyond me!).