By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How much space does MGS4 really use on the BluRay Disk?

Pristine20 said:
33gb is the size of mgs4

Minus online.

Around the Network

anyone with a blu ray burner?

i heard it uses the whole it doesn't fit 25gb and they have to compress it so its fits 50gb

naraku2099 said:
Onyxmeth said:

Like I said in another thread, all of the cutscenes are available on torrent sites in 720p. The file size is 9.2 GB. Take it for what it's worth. I'm pretty sure most of the data you're searching for isn't publicly available.

That's only 720p. 1080p takes up more space, and all of MGS4's cutscenes are in 1080p.

Christ. Can you please read for once? I said...

Take. It. For. What. It's. Worth.

This is me, Onyxmeth, telling the world of VGChartz that the information I'm providing may not be representative of what will be found in Metal Gear Solid 4 the game. If you weren't so defensive about this, you probably would have seen what I wrote and not just skimmed it to find a weakness you could exploit.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

ho plXen said:
Pristine20 said:
33gb is the size of mgs4

Minus online.

Well, the online is actually downloaded from konami servers. The game just serves as a code to DL the online portion. Thus, it won't play a part in the 360 space problem.

I think bigger hinderances to this game's appearance on 360 are the over-abundance of apple products and PS references and sony's moneyhatting, bundling and advertising. These obstacles are greater than simple space issues and we all know how old games perform exceptionally well lol.

The question is, is the port worth all the money konami has to refund and all the cuts and recoding that Kojima productions has to do?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
ho plXen said:
Pristine20 said:
33gb is the size of mgs4

Minus online.

Well, the online is actually downloaded from konami servers. The game just serves as a code to DL the online portion. Thus, it won't play a part in the 360 space problem.

I think bigger hinderances to this game's appearance on 360 are the over-abundance of apple products and PS references and sony's moneyhatting, bundling and advertising. These obstacles are greater than simple space issues and we all know how old games perform exceptionally well lol.

The question is, is the port worth all the money konami has to refund and all the cuts and recoding that Kojima productions has to do?

wow. this is a very very good post, well thought out and everything. No point in anyone making a comment now because you have given the perfect post.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
ho plXen said:
Pristine20 said:
33gb is the size of mgs4

Minus online.

There was a rumor shortly after e3 that Microsoft had to cough up the dough to drop an exclusivity agreement Square had with Sony for FFXIII where Sony paid some money SE's way. Again this is a rumor, and isn't well supported so don't take too much from it. Basically my point is, MS may be willing to throw cash at Konami for MGS4 to pay the contract breaking costs Konami may incur by porting this game over.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Theres a reason for uncompressed audio, mainly for audiophiles as myself, the sound quality is so much higher. Hence why I love Blu Ray over DVDs. DVDs have to compress a lot of audio, and when i compare between the same movie on DVD and Blu Ray, the difference is impressive.

But yes, uncompressed audio, im VERY much a fan of, haha.

Onyxmeth said:
naraku2099 said:
Onyxmeth said:

Like I said in another thread, all of the cutscenes are available on torrent sites in 720p. The file size is 9.2 GB. Take it for what it's worth. I'm pretty sure most of the data you're searching for isn't publicly available.

That's only 720p. 1080p takes up more space, and all of MGS4's cutscenes are in 1080p.

Christ. Can you please read for once? I said...

Take. It. For. What. It's. Worth.

This is me, Onyxmeth, telling the world of VGChartz that the information I'm providing may not be representative of what will be found in Metal Gear Solid 4 the game. If you weren't so defensive about this, you probably would have seen what I wrote and not just skimmed it to find a weakness you could exploit.

Last I checked, the thread is about Metal Gear Solid 4's size on a Blu-Ray disc, not a torrent of the cutscenes in 720p size. Just pointing out there's a difference. How did you take that as defensive?...

Onyxmeth said:

Just searched. This is actually true. And I've been reading some where that MGS4 is a 33GB game... and that's probably compressed....

I think if MGS4 were to go to 360 they could find a way to fit it on 2-3 discs.

But will it be worth it??

4 ≈ One

Enough space to blow your guts and head off in a bloody fashion.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™