By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Konami Officially Comments On Xbox 360 Metal Gear Solid 4

Paul_Warren said:

"*Sigh* The 360 will be capable of running MGS4 the exact same as the PS3"

Anyone that things MGS 4's audio and video particularly during the cinematic moments would be just as good on the 360 as they are on PS3 doesn't know what they're talking about or is trying to put forth a statement that is patently false. Everyone knows that the audio and video has to be compressed to get it onto the 360 just as with FFXIII which will again be an inferior port. This kind of claim is the same thing as saying that pixel for pixel The Dark Knight will be the same quality on dvd as on blu-ray.

You do realise that the video on the blu-ray is compressed also, right? If you use a bitrate calc you can work out that uncompressed video running at 1920x1080@60fps in 32 bit colour uses about 29.5gb per minute, so your 50gb blu-ray would hold about 100 seconds in total.

Around the Network
Paul_Warren said:

Anyone that things MGS 4's audio and video particularly during the cinematic moments would be just as good on the 360 as they are on PS3 doesn't know what they're talking about or is trying to put forth a statement that is patently false. Everyone knows that the audio and video has to be compressed to get it onto the 360 just as with FFXIII which will again be an inferior port. This kind of claim is the same thing as saying that pixel for pixel The Dark Knight will be the same quality on dvd as on blu-ray.

LOL SO HARD. How many more blinded Fanboys will Sony fog the eyes of. I guess Sony's tactics have worked. Like I said half the industry say PS3 is more powerful and the other half say the 360 (of which include very respected technical game devs like John Carmack). There is no evidence one way or the other. It is only opinion. (remembers back to Sony's constant but we have the PS2 cpu Emotion Engine) LOL. Emotion engine palava sucked in as many fanboys as Cell is. I can only feel sorry so sorry.

Apart from 7.1 audio PS3 MGS4 would have no advantage. Oh and when it happens (because I bet my house it comes around August next year) then you'l only see 4 discs max. Quote me you fools.

"LOL SO HARD. How many more blinded Fanboys will Sony fog the eyes of. I guess Sony's tactics have worked. Like I said half the industry say PS3 is more powerful and the other half say the 360 (of which include very respected technical game devs like John Carmack). There is no evidence one way or the other. It is only opinion. (remembers back to Sony's constant but we have the PS2 cpu Emotion Engine) LOL. Emotion engine palava sucked in as many fanboys as Cell is. I can only feel sorry so sorry."

Yeah, I guess that that is why Carmack said the PS3 version of Rage (a game that is not dependent upon cinematics to tell its story) would still look better on the PS3 than the 360. A game that is cinema dependent like MGS4 or FFXIII will look much better in cinema scenes on blu-ray than dvd just like the blu-ray version of The Dark Knight is going to look much better than the dvd version.

"Apart from 7.1 audio PS3 MGS4 would have no advantage. Oh and when it happens (because I bet my house it comes around August next year) then you'l only see 4 discs max. Quote me you fools."

MGS4 takes up 80 meg of blu-ray space. There's going to be a lot of compression to get that into 4 dvd9's and yes it will result even more in the game's degradation of quality during the cinema scenes. It's just a fact, dvd is not an hd format no matter how much 360 fans try to convince people that it is.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

spidey_77 said:
Its funny how all rumours of games coming to other console always seem to show the PS3 at the losing end

Bioshock ,Tales of Vesperia ,Star Ocean 4 ,Eternal Sonata and others say hi!

As for the rumour ,some Konami representatives told a year ago that only Kojima knew why it wasnt going to 360 ...and right now they can be looking at it anyway they want its not happening .

selnor said:
Paul_Warren said:

LOL SO HARD. How many more blinded Fanboys will Sony fog the eyes of. I guess Sony's tactics have worked. Like I said half the industry say PS3 is more powerful and the other half say the 360 (of which include very respected technical game devs like John Carmack). There is no evidence one way or the other. It is only opinion. (remembers back to Sony's constant but we have the PS2 cpu Emotion Engine) LOL. Emotion engine palava sucked in as many fanboys as Cell is. I can only feel sorry so sorry.

Apart from 7.1 audio PS3 MGS4 would have no advantage. Oh and when it happens (because I bet my house it comes around August next year) then you'l only see 4 discs max. Quote me you fools.

camack said recently ps3 is better but it takes more time to get more power out of the ps3.

360 its easier due symmetrical cores and a single ram module(system ram and graphic ram go together).

where were you last generation to miss out games like FFX Kh2 grandia III god of war and gran turismo 4.

Around the Network

http://www.n4g.com/events_tgs2008/NewsCom-216000.aspx?CT=1

Yesterday, Yahoo JP's article contained a statement from Konami at TGS 2008 that they were considering porting MGS4 to Xbox 360. Today, that same article has been edited and no longer contains any mention of MGS4 at all.

In its place, Konami states that in the future they will pursue a multiplatform strategy.

Babelfish Translation:
"While utilizing the feature of each platform, in the future and it does multi-platform development", ([konami] Public Relations Dept. room monitor Nakazima Chiaki the person) with we have done, say it may that the same company multiple it develops the plural powerful brands and by the fact that balance well it sells, it is arranging the body which aims toward the achievement enlargement which is stabilized.

Jo21 said:
selnor said:
Paul_Warren said:

camack said recently ps3 is better but it takes more time to get more power out of the ps3.

360 its easier due symmetrical cores and a single ram module(system ram and graphic ram go together).

where were you last generation to miss out games like FFX Kh2 grandia III god of war and gran turismo 4.

I remember this. It was a damn long article I read.

4 ≈ One

Paul_Warren said:

"Apart from 7.1 audio PS3 MGS4 would have no advantage. Oh and when it happens (because I bet my house it comes around August next year) then you'l only see 4 discs max. Quote me you fools."

MGS4 takes up 80 meg of blu-ray space. There's going to be a lot of compression to get that into 4 dvd9's and yes it will result even more in the game's degradation of quality during the cinema scenes. It's just a fact, dvd is not an hd format no matter how much 360 fans try to convince people that it is.

I am going to assume you ment 80 gigs of bluray space here. If it took 80 megs you could fit it on a DS cartridge and that clearly can't be right. Of course claiming it takes up 80 gigs is equally ludicrous as the disc can only hold 50 gigs of information, and it probably wasn't filed all the way as Konami was trying to get it to fit on a single layer disc for the longest time. If you are going to make up facts at random at least try and make them sound realistic.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

makingmusic476 said:
http://www.n4g.com/events_tgs2008/NewsCom-216000.aspx?CT=1

Yesterday, Yahoo JP's article contained a statement from Konami at TGS 2008 that they were considering porting MGS4 to Xbox 360. Today, that same article has been edited and no longer contains any mention of MGS4 at all.

In its place, Konami states that in the future they will pursue a multiplatform strategy.

Babelfish Translation:
"While utilizing the feature of each platform, in the future and it does multi-platform development", ([konami] Public Relations Dept. room monitor Nakazima Chiaki the person) with we have done, say it may that the same company multiple it develops the plural powerful brands and by the fact that balance well it sells, it is arranging the body which aims toward the achievement enlargement which is stabilized.

That doesn't seem to be anything like what we were trying to translate yesturday. Are you sure it's the same paragraph? I'm not questioning whether the rumor itself is false, but that doesn't look like the same section of the article.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Paul_Warren said:

"LOL SO HARD. How many more blinded Fanboys will Sony fog the eyes of. I guess Sony's tactics have worked. Like I said half the industry say PS3 is more powerful and the other half say the 360 (of which include very respected technical game devs like John Carmack). There is no evidence one way or the other. It is only opinion. (remembers back to Sony's constant but we have the PS2 cpu Emotion Engine) LOL. Emotion engine palava sucked in as many fanboys as Cell is. I can only feel sorry so sorry."

Yeah, I guess that that is why Carmack said the PS3 version of Rage (a game that is not dependent upon cinematics to tell its story) would still look better on the PS3 than the 360. A game that is cinema dependent like MGS4 or FFXIII will look much better in cinema scenes on blu-ray than dvd just like the blu-ray version of The Dark Knight is going to look much better than the dvd version.

PS3 is not more powerful because of its disc format so your idea is flat out WRONG!