By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 7 Best Weapons in Video Games

Well, try playing PC FPSes and the list could change drastically
Serious Cannon from Serious Sam
Redeemer, ASMD Shock Rifle from Unreal Tournaments
BFG9000 , DOOM series
The Rail Gun ,Quake series
And also, i dont know if many remember here, but Postal had the most awesome rocket launcher ever. If you held down the alternate fire button for long enough, it used to charge up and fire a rocket which bounced off walls and stuff

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Around the Network
BringBackChrono said:
Well, try playing PC FPSes and the list could change drastically
Serious Cannon from Serious Sam
Redeemer, ASMD Shock Rifle from Unreal Tournaments
BFG9000 , DOOM series
The Rail Gun ,Quake series
And also, i dont know if many remember here, but Postal had the most awesome rocket launcher ever. If you held down the alternate fire button for long enough, it used to charge up and fire a rocket which bounced off walls and stuff

Yep, PC FPS guns are in a league of their own.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

And lets not forget the legendary AWP sniper rifle in Counter-strike. I've played against some absolutely awesome snipers ( myself being a regular assaulter, i feel the sting of the Magnum rounds the most)

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

- Rorschach

Please take that Gears gun and the lightsaber out. Blades of Chaos? That's not random at all.

Put in some RCP90s, X blaster, Vash the Stampede arm cannon, something! Something not thrown together in two minutes.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

^
How about the reverse blade sword?

- Rorschach

Around the Network
BringBackChrono said:
^
How about the reverse blade sword?

?????? Where is that from? Sounds familiar............ Cloud's sword is better than the lightsaber from The Force Unleashed. At least you can Omnislash with that.

A Pokemon should be #1. A Magikarp.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

bfg9000

money - duke nukem (not really a weapon)

voodoo doll- blood

1. The Lancer (Gears of War)

The Lancer is the best all-around weapon in FPS games. It has a good long-range use and a 60 round ammo clip. But what made it hit my number one spot on the list is the most awesome feature: the Chainsaw Bayonet. It is one of the few guns that have the ability to double as a melee weapon. And isn't that what FPS games are all about? Melee, gore, long-range use, the Lancer has it all. Plus it's great to being able to saw your way into an enemy, and I hope the new counter moves with the Lancer in GOW2 will make it even better.

First, Gears of War is third person.

Second, the Lancer is not that great of an all-around weapon.  It is pretty useless on insane mode.  It takes far too many bullets to take an enemy down.  It is quicker, easier, and safer to use a shotgun or sniper rifle. 

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

oo, fun topic!!

I don't have a list of 7....only a list of 1.

BFG 9000 alllll da wayyyyyyyy

ok, and maybe the Half-Life crowbar

needs the shovel from Viva Pinata