By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MGS4 coming to 360?, (PS3/360) fanboys click here

Cueil said:
Jo21 said:
well it wasn't anounce on tokyo game show, doens't looks like soon it will be.

but mgs4 its STILL HUGE, it will need 5-6 dual layer discs easily. 4 with tons of compression.

I doubt that.  I think that some editing will be done, but the game doesn't need  but one DVD two at most.  I still think this isn't MGS4, but MGS Online.

1-2 DVD's? you'll have to compress it into oblivion.

Around the Network
Xen said:
Cueil said:
Jo21 said:

but mgs4 its STILL HUGE, it will need 5-6 dual layer discs easily. 4 with tons of compression.

I doubt that.  I think that some editing will be done, but the game doesn't need  but one DVD two at most.  I still think this isn't MGS4, but MGS Online.

And you're a developer who has worked on massive games like Oblivion and MGS4?  Specificly you're specialty lies in data compression... >_<

You'll notice how I worded my own statement... "I think" instead of "it will"

Cueil said:
Xen said:
Cueil said:
Jo21 said:

And you're a developer who has worked on massive games like Oblivion and MGS4?  Specificly you're specialty lies in data compression... >_<

You'll notice how I worded my own statement... "I think" instead of "it will"

Most big 360 games require more than 1-2. LO, for one, is 4.

Compressed into oblivion is an expression, not a reference to the elder scrolls.

And well - its true, I'm not a dev. But I think it'll take far more than 1-2. I'm giving my opnion t you, not a fact.

Lost Odyssey is a lot longer than MGS, about 10 hours per disc, but I have no idea how much more space MGS needs compared to LO.

-=Dew the disco dancing fo da Unco Graham=-

Guys you can't give "opinions" about that sort off thing. Those are "guesses". Opinions are rooted in your perception as to the subjective qualities of something. When something is objective, like how much compression would be necessary to cram MGS4 into, say, 12GB of space, you are making a guess.

Guesses are not like opinions, because guesses can be and often are very, very, very wrong.

Around the Network

Sony heavily bundled the game and helped the game to sell very good
maybe the deal between konami and sony is " the game should sell over XXX then it will stay exclusive"

I had a verbose response, but F' it. Let the debate continue!!

Eh, I wouldn't mind if it did come. Paying a full $60 to watch MGS4: The Interactive Movie is a bit much though; if it was $40 it'd be great.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

SlumsofOhio said:
You have to play MGS3 to understand MGS4. 360 owners will be confused unless MGS3 came to 360 somehow. Right?

You know Shenmue 2 came with a sumarization disc of Shenmue 1. Right?

MGS4 is coming out to the 360 within two years. Sony fans need to stop being upset and understand that going multiplatform or "timed exclusive" is the wave the future. It's money, and Microsoft and Sony are both paying for timed exclusives.

Microsoft is actually smarter about it imho, owning names to series like "Halo" and "Lost Odyssey" so if people were to make another "Halo" like Bungie for example, they couldn't.

It's just that simple.

Sure is alot of interest from 360 fans for a game that they called a "movie".