By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Ok I just Got Vista And....

I have 4 gigs of ram, I guess that could be part of the reason it works so well for me : ).

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

congrats on you getting a vista. I too have yet to have a problem with the Vista.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

My problem with Vista is that whenever i was using winrar files and shit like that it would take ages compared to xp. I could not stand it at all, everything else was all good. the games look better in some cases, sometimes the games even run better then what it does on vista but meh.

the kind of files i use the most are like winrar files and they slow to a crawl on my computer when using vista for some reason, i really dont know why, so i went back to xp.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Hmmm... reading all these positive comments about Vista make me tempted on trying it again...

Meh, later hehe.

bigjon said:
I have 4 gigs of ram, I guess that could be part of the reason it works so well for me : ).

And i have 8 gigs of ram, and winrar still ran like shit on my pc whilst using windows vista.

i even taken out some ram just incase but na still ran like crap so, it must have been a software thing.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

if you got it the day it came out, or if you were an early adopter, you would have gone crazy.

a12331 said:
MrMarc said:

It annoys me when people say 'those who complain about Vista have never used it' or 'those who complain have crap computers'.

I've had Vista installed on this system of mine for a few weeks now on a 2 year old  system and I can openly and whole-heartedly say it's a horrible operating system. It just does so many things backwards, and to completely new PC users I don't see how it can be any more intuitive than XP, less so I think.

FYI, my rig is a Core2Duo (E6400 oc'd to 2.8GHz) with 2GB of RAM, a 7600GT (old card by today's standards but still a great budget card nonetheless). Why should I have to upgrade my computer to play games that run badly on Vista which ran perfectly on XP? I'm talking about most Source games here. 700-800MB of memory used on an idle desktop within just a week of running Vista, that's poor. It's an unnecessary resource hog.

As much as I'll slag Vista off, it's hardware detection and support is brilliant, but that's about all it has going for it.

it does this at first then it drops down because of superfetch. Also when xp first came out it was also considered a resource hog. And also technology is rapidly evolving, such as 2 gigs is needed to run vista smoothly, the next operating system will require at least 4. 

You shouldn't slag on it because it requires more memory, All operating systems will require more than the past. And also all new computers will be able to run it fine. 

actually XP is recommended to be ran with 2GB+ unless your running the dumbed down version which installs a 200MB version due to it not having any bloatware with it.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

DOATS1 said:
if you got it the day it came out, or if you were an early adopter, you would have gone crazy.

the scary thing is Release Candidate 1 and 2 werent that bad... the final product turned out worse.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Lets see, problems Me, My friends or Parents have had with Vista

Me - Was bought a cheap laptop, 512mb ram, with Vista preinstalled. After startup, but without me opening anything, the first time I turned it on, it was using 90% of the ram. Ouch. Battery Life was sub 2 hours. It wouldn't let me install XP due to compatability issues with Vista :P I eventually installed Xubuntu on there and gained over an hour of battery life.

My Friend - couldn't play Counter Strike, nor Worms Armageddon on his $4000 laptop

My Parents - Many virus's, that I then have to fix. Their computer is less than a year old, good specs and runs very slow.

when i first got vista, hardly any of my hardware would work because no drivers were vista compatible yet. that alone pissed me off.