By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Ok I just Got Vista And....

theprof00 said:
You are right, in more than one way, there are too many variables including saying that a lot of mac viruses are designed to target macs emulating pcs and that one of the biggest reasons apple uses to take over pc users is to say that pc programs can run on mac.

My whole point is that Apple seems so up in arms about this whole situation when they don't realize what a good place they are already in. They should just crank up the price and make up for the loss of computers they shouldn't be selling because as it stands now, all those security holes they have been plugging up were noticed after outside hacks, which are only going to increase in regularity and devastation as mac market share increases.

My understanding is that Apple is happy with the market share they have now.  I don't understand it, but the senior tech at my shop said it and he knows a lot more than I do.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
Senlis said:

Even then, Viruses made for Windows will generally not work at all on a mac.  How is a virus going to infect c:/system32/restore on a Mac?

It's been well over 5 years since I've even worried about viruses on my computer strangely enough. 

If not for the kind posts of Rubang and NFG, I might actually forget they exist entirely.

Even on a Windows PC, with some research, caution and common sense, you can generally keep your computer from getting infected.