By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears 2 preorders surpasses Gears 1 preorders already

Imperial said:
People are grossly exegarating GoW sales potential , 3 Million first week ? Hah I'd join MDF if it did that much.

You can quote me on that.

GROW UP.

You can quote me on that to.

Back to the Gears 2 sales (ignoring the fanboys who have come to the Micrsoft discussion area).

Gears 2 is looking amazing and should easy outsell number 1 (that still looks fantastic even now), pre ordered to.   Only 23 days to go before release here

Fable 2 also pre ordered, also looking amazing..   Only 9 days before release here

Around the Network

well the userbase is larger now then GoW 1 was released so no wonder GoW 2 preorders have surpassed it.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

CAL4M1TY said:
noodson said:
What a news. A sequel who is being more pre ordered than the the first succesfull iteration of the franchise.. Awesome..never happened...

And yet people still believe sequels are only bought by people who own the original, and thus won't sell more than the original or push hardware sales.

So it is news to some people..............

You missed CAL4MITY's point. Look at the bolded word in each of your posts

He said that sequels to good games will have a higher proportion of their first week sales from preorders, So the fact that it has higher pre order numbers does not mean it will have higher first week sales

Thank god Scottie, proof that the human race still has some hope. Someone gets it.

kirby007 said:
noodson said:
What a news. A sequel who is being more pre ordered than the the first succesfull iteration of the franchise.. Awesome..never happened...

Yes it is great news, and if you don't like that it is getting attention don't post such useless stuff like that

Well, my reaction to this is to question the word "already".  24 days to go, with a much bigger console install base, and pre-orders just passed those for Gears 1, then an unknown franchise?  Makes sense, not spectacular.  Right in line.  It's basically much like the gameplay previews of Gears 2 we've seen: very linear predictable improvement, rather than an amazing leaps and bounds improvement.

Around the Network

That's the risk with sequels, though, isn't it? Can't make too many changes, the built in fanbase might get upset, but they can't not change anything because the franchise might get dull and they want to draw in fans that didn't like the first game.

Will you teach me to football?

The only thing predictable here is that Gears 2 will have massive sales, be another 90+ rated game and be a top candidate for many GOTY 2008 awards. Makes sense, very spectacular.

EaglesEye379 said:
The only thing predictable here is that Gears 2 will have massive sales, be another 90+ rated game and be a top candidate for many GOTY 2008 awards. Makes sense, very spectacular.

I agree.

good news!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive