By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I have problems with finishing games!

ya, finish the games you have before you go out and get new ones, thats my problem I like collecting them and now look at my backlog of games I havent beaten yet.

> Zelda (Game & Watch)
> Donkey Kong Jr.-E
> Manhole-E
> Final Fantasy IV (DS)
> Metroid Prime: Hunters
> Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising
> The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past / Four Swords (FS Only)
> F-Zero GX (Working on it)
> Luigi's Mansion
> Medal Of Honor: European Assault
> Mega Man X Collection
> Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
> Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
> Resident Evil
> Resident Evil 0
> Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
> The Legend Of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
> Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3
> Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
> F-Zero X
> Star Wars: Episode I: Battle For Naboo
> Dr. Mario
> Hogan's Alley
> Mega Man 3 (Just got it)
> Star Tropics
> Command And Conquer: The First Decade (Working on C&C 1) never beat Covert Operations, Aftermath, Counterstrike, Generals, Zero Hour
> Europa Universalis
> Risk II
> Starcraft
> Starcraft: Brood War
> Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic (Working on it)
> Yoshi's Safari
> Bonk 3: Bonk's Big Adventure
> Lords Of Thunder
> Sin & Punishment: Successor Of The Earth
> Sonic The Hedgehog (Master System)
> Battalion Wars 2
> Call Of Duty 3
> Link's Crossbow Training
> Mario Kart Wii
> Mario Strikers Charged
> Medal Of Honor: Heroes 2
> Medal Of Honor: Vanguard
> No More Heroes
> Okami
> Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
> Super Paper Mario
> Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: My Life As A King
> Lost Winds

Around the Network

Suikoden V is also the only in the series I find that is not really really expensive!
I found it for 15.20 GBP wich is around $26,5!
Is that a good price for this game?

sennaho said:
Suikoden V is also the only in the series I find that is not really really expensive!

Yeah, I thought Suikoden V was a great game.

sennaho said:

Honestly I have no idea how much do you usually pay for a game, but Suikoden V is one of the JRPGs I spent the most time with, since I played it twice, with more than 50 hours each playthrough, so I think it's worth to pay full price for it

Another offender here.....
My problem isn't that I get bored of a game, it's that I buy new games before I finish the one I am currently working on. I have only finished 5 games (Two were rentals) over the last year. I a have bought more than 10.
Over the last year I finished:
Assasin's Creed (rental)
Call of Duty 4 - (rental) helped that it was short
Halo 3
Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness
Metal Gear Solid(for the PSone)

I need to stop buying games and start finishing them. I have a drawer full of 360, Wii, DS, and PS2 games I need to work on.... And I just ordered another PS2 game today....

Around the Network

I always finish games, except sandboxes. I've finished everything for my PS3, but my PS2 there is GTA:VC, GTA:SA and Bully that aren't done. Probably why I'm holding off on GTA IV.

PSN: EDguila

PS3 library:  Motorstorm, Assasin's Creed, Orange Box, Uncharted:DF, Metal Gear Solid 4, Resistance:FOM, Rachet & Clank Future:ToD,

Near future: Folklore, SOCOM Confrontation, BioShock, Little Big Planet, Resistance 2.

oh yeh i forgot about Super paper mario, i havent finished that one either coz its so bad compared to the other Paper Mario games for gamecube and n64

Improvements are caused by people who complain

I agree with Alpheus, it's the game problem, not yours. Nowadays games are getting longer and longer but there really is no incentive to keep the player hooked with the game. Maybe the Achievements kinda do that, but what else?
That's why I still love games from the Snes - Nes era, they were short but challenging, and if you beat it you felt really good about it. Megaman 9, which is my newest game, I already finish it like 10 times and want to play it more, where Twilight Princess that was my first game I still haven't finished it once.

My recommendation would be to try different games, maybe shorter games but with lots of replay value.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Funny, I have the exact same problem.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Don't feel bad. It took me 11 months to finish Zelda :TP because I hated the Sky Temple. I bought GTA IV and gave up on it after the constant ringing of the cell phone annoyed me to no end, LO I am still sitting around waiting to get the White Boa on disc 4, Blue Dragon because Maro Maro is by far the most annoying character ever, even in Japanese, Odin Sphere because I just couldn't play though 7 stories with all the other games coming out, the list goes on and on.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!