By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which game will be a system seller

Alright so out of this short list pick what game you think will be a true system seller

*in ABC order

1.Gears of War 2 -360

2.Fable 2 -360

3. LBP-PS3

4. Resistance 2-PS3

Personally I think LBP is the only real game that will sell systems for the fact that it is bringing something new to the table, I dont think anyone who doesnt have a 360 is going to get a sudden urge when Gears 2 comes out seeing that Gears 1 and Halo 3 have already brought in that crowd. Fable 2 is a wildcard but I dont think it will push 360's out the door seeing the 360 already has a ton of RPG's.........Resistance 2 looks like a great game but seriously theres a ton of shooters coming out, (even though i'll be getting it :),

oh and theres really no games needed to sell Wii's 

Around the Network

I think it's totally the other way around. Since LBP is a new IP, we first need to see proof of how good it will do to the audience it's aiming at. Gamers know about the game, but what about parents and all?

There's no doubt in my mind that Gears 2 and Resistance 2 will be the biggest system sellers this Christmas.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Resistance 2 and gears 2 are sequels to PS360 games, how could they be system sellers?

Fable 2 will be to a small degree

LBP no-one knows how it'll do. Should sell some systems, but i doubt it'll sell too many

scottie said:
Resistance 2 and gears 2 are sequels to PS360 games, how could they be system sellers?

Fable 2 will be to a small degree

LBP no-one knows how it'll do. Should sell some systems, but i doubt it'll sell too many

I can ask you this question: How come lots of people bought a PS3 when that MGS 4 bundle came out (at the same time people were praising the game and all, saying it was ''the'' game to get on the system)? Hint: I was one of them.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

MGS4 is a sequel to a PS2 game
R2 is a sequel to a PS3 game

Around the Network

fable 2, especially in Japan

scottie said:
MGS4 is a sequel to a PS2 game
R2 is a sequel to a PS3 game

Oh, I see... But I still don't understand that definition of ''system seller.'' I know I've had a discussion with someone here about it a few months ago, but it doesn't make sense IMO..... o_O

It still managed to boost a few more sales, so why can't it be considered a system seller?

Random game thought :

Sorry, I shall explain in more detail what my point actually was.

The second game from a given franchise to hit a given console will be less of a system seller, because the vast majority of that franchise's fans have already bought the console.

MSG4 convinced alot of ps2 owners to upgrade to a PS3 - so it sold alot of PS3's
whereas if someone was going to buy a PS3 for R2, they probably would already have bought it for R1 - so my prediction is R2 will not sell many PS3's

1. LittleBigPlanet
2. Fable II
3. Resistance 2
4. Gears of War 2

LittleBigPlanet will of course sell the most systems since it has arguably the most hype, is getting AAA reviews, and by far appeals to the widest demographic.
Fable II is a next-gen premier of a successful franchise. However, Mass Effect already successfully penetrated the WRPG market for the 360 so Fable II's potential to sell systems is slightly lowered.
Since both Resistance 2 and Gears of War 2 have prequels on their respective system, it is very unlikely that either of them could sell as many systems as the previous two. I have a feeling that a lot of people will disagree with having Resistance 2 above Gears 2 but logic supports that it's true. Both games appear to be fairly similar qualitywise and Resistance and PS3 have more room for growth as a franchise and system than Gears of War and 360 respectively. It's also worth stating that while the 360 already has at least 2 AAA shooters on the system, Resistance 2 appears to be the first that could potentially attract a larger portion of the shooter demographic to buy a PS3.

scottie said:
Sorry, I shall explain in more detail what my point actually was.

The second game from a given franchise to hit a given console will be less of a system seller, because the vast majority of that franchise's fans have already bought the console.

MSG4 convinced alot of ps2 owners to upgrade to a PS3 - so it sold alot of PS3's
whereas if someone was going to buy a PS3 for R2, they probably would already have bought it for R1 - so my prediction is R2 will not sell many PS3's

OK, thanks for clarifying that up. I finally get it (I guess)! xD

But you have to admit that there are some people that never played a MGS game before that bought the system for MGS 4.

Random game thought :