By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Silent hill:Homecoming is great...

about how long is the game? what about replayability?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
about how long is the game? what about replayability?

Id say about 10 hours the first time through. there are multiple endings which are determined by dialoge you have with people.

Wonder if it has the alien ending..ala Silent hill 1 :)

hmmm.....i think ill wait till its down to $20 then

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Based on what I've seen you post before on the subject of survival horror games I trust your judgement here. If it really recalls the original game then I expect it to be a top tier game for me. Definitely getting it now.

February 2009 European release... :( :( :(

Around the Network
disolitude said:

...it really is. For a survival horror fans of the old school...this is a AAA game.

All of that "American team will fuck it up" talk did not really materialize as the game is easily better than silent hill 3 and 4...

This is all I have to say.

im like you, waiting for good survival horror games.

lucky u have the game already, i plan on getting silent hill upon release here which will be early 2009.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Damn...Euro gets it in Feb 2009? Sorry to hear that.

The game is not region free to boot so you can't import... :(

Redcoat222 said:
Based on what I've seen you post before on the subject of survival horror games I trust your judgement here. If it really recalls the original game then I expect it to be a top tier game for me. Definitely getting it now.

Yeah, it does. As much as it tries to appeal to old school fans, it feels somewhat refreshing to see a game take that old school approach. But it has as much innovation not to feel too familiar.

Also, the dialoge and acting is the best in any silent hill. I guess it helps to be an american developer when it comes to writing american dialoge lines...  Japanese translation may suffer tho :)

Yeah, can't import! Damn!
Is the PS3 version region locked too? Maybe I could borrow a PS to play the game as I did with Uncharted, R&C and MGS.

I rented it, and my 360 broke when it was on the way, so I sent it back for dead space. I shall rent it again, soon.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.