By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Silent hill:Homecoming is great...

...it really is. For a survival horror fans of the old school...this is a AAA game.

All of that "American team will fuck it up" talk did not really materialize as the game is easily better than silent hill 3 and 4...

This is all I have to say.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Best Silent Hill of them all?

The answer is yes.

I wouldn't go that far. Part 2 is still amazing...and part 1 is what started it all. But yeah...its up there.

is it realy that good!!!?? cuz i LOOOVVE silent hill 1
3 and 4 were so disapointing that i ignored homecoming at the tgs
but if its old skoo like u say im very intersted

tell me is boring like 3 and 4 and is easy to get in to ???

hatmoza 2.0 said:
is it realy that good!!!?? cuz i LOOOVVE silent hill 1
3 and 4 were so disapointing that i ignored homecoming at the tgs
but if its old skoo like u say im very intersted

tell me is boring like 3 and 4 and is easy to get in to ???

Better than 3 and 4. On the beginning it has a dream sequence like most...that takes 20 mins approx and is pretty freaky but it can drag on a bit. Once you get to town the game flows smoothly with combat, puzzles and interesting story.

Combat is improved too...so its a little bit more fun to bash things than before.

sadly The game got horrible reviews

Around the Network
blackstar said:

No it didn't.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/silenthill5

73% is pretty good these days for a game that doesn't try to incorporate duck and cover system and chansaw weapons. It is trying to appeal to old fans of the series...

Also, as you can tell it didn't get any 100% reviews...and most are between 65-84%. Which means the game is quite consistent...som like it more some like it less.

A 73% survival horror game is 10X better to a survival horror fan than a 100% RPG game.

This game is on the cusp of getting eaten alive by a better, faster, stronger, smarter and sexier survival horror game... Dead Space.

disolitude said:
blackstar said:

No it didn't.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/silenthill5

73% is pretty good these days for a game that doesn't try to incorporate duck and cover system and chansaw weapons. It is trying to appeal to old fans of the series...

Also, as you can tell it didn't get any 100% reviews...and most are between 65-84%. Which means the game is quite consistent...som like it more some like it less.

A 73% survival horror game is 10X better to a survival horror fan than a 100% RPG game.

i just wanted it to get more to sell better

my favourite games list includes many games that scored 70% :), i don't care about the reviews

disolitude said:

...it really is. For a survival horror fans of the old school...this is a AAA game.

All of that "American team will fuck it up" talk did not really materialize as the game is easily better than silent hill 3 and 4...

This is all I have to say.

How does the town feel and what is the lay out like, is it SH1 open feeling small town, or is it origins run around in a circle pretending to be a town to reach the other side of police tape? or is it the middle? also how is the weapons system? are breakable weapons or limited inventory back?

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really? That's pretty good to hear.

I had skipped this game because I heard it wasn't so survival horror-ish. Maybe I'll give it a go when I get a break from the upcoming few months of games.