By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - LBP IGN REVIEW

10 Presentation
The way that everything is intertwined and flows and works together is perfect. The tagging system needs to be fixed, but that's it.
9.5 Graphics
Pixar would be proud. The visuals are cute, clean, stylistic and simply beautiful, while the art direction is absolutely top-notch.
9.5 Sound
The soundtrack is as perfect as it gets. On the editor side, there could be more specific samples, but you won't be counting while playing the Story mode.
9.5 Gameplay
The controls could be a tad tighter and the plane-shifting stuff needs works, but the overall package design is simply phenominal. The editor is amazing given that it's on a console.
9.5 Lasting Appeal
There's a ton to keep you coming back to the Story levels, but the user-created content will give LBP life for a long, long, long time.
Incredible
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

My Top 5 Games of All Time

1. FF7 4. SSX Tricky

2. FE7 5. RE4

3. MGS4

VALENCIA CF

SACRAMENTO KINGS

Around the Network

... Yes, we all know.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=45118

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Sorry,but it's kinda late.

^_^

Hello ten hours ago!

well you are a lil late posting kid but hey not everyone is glued to review sited waiting for this to come out so you wasnt to know, next time just check the search bar yeh

WHOOP WHOOP lbp is so huge that that, i have ran out of things to say it is just big ok.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network

Don't take this bad, but this is

WHAT, not a 10....jk, this game is going to be great...(for PS3 owners).

Wow I didn't think IGN could not give an extremely hyped good game a 10 after they gave it to GTA IV and MGS4. Seriously there is no structure to their review scores haha just kinda a random tossing haha.

But I read the review and 9.5 seems deserved.

It's old, but I think this thread serves a purpose. Many people trust IGN's reviews first and foremost, so it's nice to have this review in it's own thread rather than crowded in the stickied one at the top of the board.

My only complaint with the review would be the 9.5 in lasting appeal.  If this game doesn't deserve a 10 in that category, then no game does.

twesterm won't allow it though: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=45132&start=0

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!