By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Samsung BD player for $149 on Black Friday.

Meh, if and when the PS3 passes the 360 WW it'll only give the PS3 fans bragging rights and will force M$ into a facepalm about their "we will finish 2nd" statement.

I'm talking about benefits for Sony and the console though, I didn't take passing the 360 into account.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
But-but-but, I thought that Blu-Ray would fail!

if it makes you feel better i could revive an old argument used against HD-DVD for you...

consumers hate it when technology comes down in price so fast.  it makes it look like they are desperate to sell and it's a cheap peice of crap.  mark my words, consumers won't fall for this fire sale and relize that HD-DVD blu ray is a failing format.

xD

superchunk said:

I will buy a bluray player when:

1. I buy an hdtv
2. movies are $20 or less
3. players are $100 or less.

#1 is the biggest hurdle. I won't buy a tv until my current widescreen sdtv is breaking OR hdtv is the base programming for cable/satellite. Digitial tv is good enough for now.

EDIT: Though I would be really surprised that a BR layers is that cheap already. Must be overstock for older models, maybe.

From what I have seen at Walmart recently, many of their BD players are priced between $249.99 and $349.99.

They are indeed going down. I think BD will have a healthy holiday season.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

kitler53 said:
DMeisterJ said:
But-but-but, I thought that Blu-Ray would fail!

if it makes you feel better i could revive an old argument used against HD-DVD for you...

consumers hate it when technology comes down in price so fast.  it makes it look like they are desperate to sell and it's a cheap peice of crap.  mark my words, consumers won't fall for this fire sale and relize that HD-DVD blu ray is a failing format.

xD

Glad I wasn't the one who said that.

xD