By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - XBOX 360 at 1,000,000 before end of year in Japan

KillaKB said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
No way.

Next year =)

listen to me and i want all the nay sayers to come in so ownage will be greater

In the case this doesn't happen it'll be several people at once owning you. Sorta like a forum gangbang.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

It has a small chance, but I doubt it. TLR will move some consoles next month (but less than IU or ToV did, because everyone knows the PS3 version will follow in a few months), but as far as I know the 360 has no big releases in december.

has a chance, i would bet on it!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

At first glance I thought this sounded pretty reasonable: only about 25,000 a week for the next ten weeks.

That was until I looked at the charts. In reality, 25,000 a week is only slightly less than the 360's all-time best week in Japan, and again, that kind of demand would have to be sustained for the next ten weeks. I don't think it will manage.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Millennium said:
At first glance I thought this sounded pretty reasonable: only about 25,000 a week for the next ten weeks.

That was until I looked at the charts. In reality, 25,000 a week is only slightly less than the 360's all-time best week in Japan, and again, that kind of demand would have to be sustained for the next ten weeks. I don't think it will manage.

last remnant week will be 50,000= though...then we got december+ banjo kazoie and fable 2...it will happen

Around the Network
piggychan said:
fayewong said:
So you saying these 100 people staring at the game will save Xbox 360 in Japan? let alone Banjo Kazooie?

Di-Dar ~ the first game sold pretty good in japan considering its not a japanese game/  560k is good.. perhaps over 100k for 360

and where did I say it will save xbox 360 in japan ?

EDIT:

Also Topic creator did you mean End of Financial year?? Cause that is a different story.  in terms of Tax the end of financial year is the following year March 31st.

didn't banjo tooie do like less than half of that?

Xen said:
1. First of all, I hate Microsoft and their monopolistic practices, not their console.
2. Accoriding to your statements, you're a fanboy. You'll be disregarded as well.

I hear this opinion alot, and I don't disagree with it. But what do you think of Sony as a corporation?

I think DMJ ended this one perfectly....

Trying to convince me the Wii is a real adult game machine 'if you play it right' is like trying to convince me Tofu tastes great 'if you just cook it right'

KillaKB said:
Millennium said:

last remnant week will be 50,000= though...then we got december+ banjo kazoie and fable 2...it will happen

Sorry. But you're wrong in every point.

1. The Last Remnant will absolutely not push weekly 360 sales above 35,000, if even that.
2. Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts will absolutely not push weekly 360 sales above 20,000, if even that.
3. Fable II will absolutely not push weekly 360 sales above 15,000, if even that.
4. Xbox 360 has absolutely 0% chance of reaching 1,000,000 consoles sold in Japan by January 1st, 2009.

KillaKB said:
Millennium said:

I know you're new, but your sales predictions are not very good. It's going to double the 360 sales of the Tales of Vesperia launch?  Not all that likely. And then you once again list two games that are not too likely to boost sales, especially Fable 2. Those games might sell decently there, but they're barely going to boost sales (if at all). Can't stress this enough.