By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - XBOX 360 at 1,000,000 before end of year in Japan

If star ocean came out in the next month maybe. But TLR is its last spike game this year. So I doubt it.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

it won't happen. sorry.

Shadowblind said:

If star ocean came out in the next month maybe. But TLR is its last spike game this year. So I doubt it.

Star Ocean doesn't have that much fans.

Although improving I dont think the 360 will do 100,000 in November. Maybe in December. It is important to note that the big holiday bump in Japan is actually the first couple weeks of January not November and December.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Impossible.

The 360 would have to sell roughly 20,000 units a week in Japan from now until 2009 to reach 1,000,000 by then. The only times this year when the 360 has reached those numbers where the weeks of the releases of Tales of Vesperia (24,000) and Infinite Undiscovery (28,000) and sales were cut by at least half the following week for both those spikes.
The only upcoming games coming for 360 in Japan that are not coming for either PS3 or Wii this year are Agarest Senki: Reappearance, The Last Remnant, and Fable II. Of those games, The Last Remnant is the only one that will even come close to boosting the 360's sales in Japan above 20,000 for a week and even that might not happen since Tales of Vesperia and Infinite Undiscovery already recently broke into the JRPG demographic and also because, unlike the other two, The Last Remnant is known to also be coming to PS3.

Around the Network

you guys are forgeting 2 X factors here though, first is Fable 2 it will give a bump and grand theft auto 4,fallout 3 and banjo kazoie...I know these arent thought to do significant in japan however they will do suprisingly well....second is there is a shortage of xbox 360's in alot of places through out japan that will be filled in through october and november and december...you guys be prepared to eat crow

I'll take "Not a Chance In Hell" for 250k, Bob.

KillaKB said:
you guys are forgeting 2 X factors here though, first is Fable 2 it will give a bump and grand theft auto 4,fallout 3 and banjo kazoie...I know these arent thought to do significant in japan however they will do suprisingly well....second is there is a shortage of xbox 360's in alot of places through out japan that will be filled in through october and november and december...you guys be prepared to eat crow

1. Banjo Kazooie is not a massive system seller.
2. Falout 3/Fable 2? the Japanese are not big fans of WRPG's, and therefore, those won't give big bumps/sell lots of systems.
3. GTA 4/the GTA series have a rather centered and small following in Japan. Besides, it's a multiplat that will do far better on the PS3.
4. So, when the shortages are fixed, and 360's resupplied, you expect it to sell 200k/8 weeks. Sure...

Those arguments are laughable.

Unlikely, would have been good if they had managed to sell 1 million within the first 3 years after release though. Nevertheless MS has definitely improved this gen in Japan.

Xen said:
KillaKB said:

1. Banjo Kazooie is not a massive system seller.
2. Falout 3/Fable 2? the Japanese are not big fans of WRPG's, and therefore, those won't give big bumps/sell lots of systems.
3. GTA 4/the GTA series have a rather centered and small following in Japan. Besides, it's a multiplat that will do far better on the PS3.
4. So, when the shortages are fixed, and 360's resupplied, you expect it to sell 200k/8 weeks. Sure...

Those arguments are laughable.

according to your sig,you are a hater...so you will be disregarded.