By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The console war is over. Its time to let it go.

LOL MATURE said:
Dinomax did you say that a game thats bundled with an extra controller is market leader because of high sales?

Yeah because a person chooses to buy regardless if it has a controller or not. The controller just makes it much more a reasoin to buy the game. Its not like it is bundled with the console itself.(that is where your minesweeper comparison fails because the customer doesn't have a choice).

Around the Network
LOL MATURE said:
Dinomax did you say that a game thats bundled with an extra controller is market leader because of high sales?

Isn't that what makes anything the market leader? Mindsweeper might be the most popular game of all time, but Wii Play is far, far more popular than every game you love, and that is what makes me smile, deep in my heart.

This is the deepest secret no one knows. Here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life, which grows higher than the soul can hope or the mind can hide, and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart. I carry your heart with me. I carry it in my heart.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

LOL MATURE said:
Dinomax said:
LOL MATURE said:
Minesweeper is the industry leader because it came on every PC. and there are hundreds of million users out there.

I'v seen we trying to go the scapegoat argument. 

The topic is ""The console war is over""  and were discussing the Wii, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. 

Please stay on topic.

My post is no more outrageous than yours.

You are the one to bring up industry leaders with a bundled game.

Your the one that brought games into the "war".

My example is bundled with every PC and is a game... whats the difference?

Once again. 

Topic is the console war is over.  We are discussing the Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii, the home console market.

Yes Wiiplay is bundled with a controller, just like Mario Kart, Wii fit, Guitar hero and Rock band. 

Doesn't take away the fact its a game for sale on the home console market.  As well the most selling.

Your example is on the PC.  Not the home console market, which what weve being writting about all this time.

Please stay on topic again.

RolStoppable said:

It's not over yet. Just yesterday someone told me that's not certain that the Wii will be ahead of the 360 by the end of 2011. Demand for the Wii would drop and it could be at 65m in late 2011 while the 360 would have sold 70m.

were u being sarcastic? if what u said could happen that means wii could have a chance to be second, or even third?

F.U. Fun University.

@gera: Every time you read any of Rol's posts, remember they include the sig.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
gera4390 said:
RolStoppable said:

It's not over yet. Just yesterday someone told me that's not certain that the Wii will be ahead of the 360 by the end of 2011. Demand for the Wii would drop and it could be at 65m in late 2011 while the 360 would have sold 70m.

where u being sarcastic? if what u said could happen that means wii could have a chance to be second, or even third?

Then obviously what he said couldn't happen. The Wii has no chance of not being first, at this point. Not a chance in hell.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
gera4390 said:
RolStoppable said:

where u being sarcastic? if what u said could happen that means wii could have a chance to be second, or even third?

Then obviously what he said couldn't happen. The Wii has no chance of not being first, at this point. Not a chance in hell.

Then I'm glad that it is decided, I wouldn't let it go if there was still a chance.

F.U. Fun University.

The traditional console war is over.

When you see games being ported between PS3/Xbox360-PS2, PSP-PS2, PS2-Xbox360, PS2-Wii, the way we used to define console generation simply doesn't fit anymore.

The important thing is, the consumers benefit from their competition!

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

disolitude said:
The wii sold most by appealing to the mass market. This is true...

Kind of how a toyota corolla and honda civic sell more than BMW and Mercedes. Yet those 2 car manufacturers get much more press and praise by majority of car enthusiasts.

Also Wii has mostly been neglected by 3rd party publishers...so maybe its a bitter-sweet victory for nintendo...and wii gamers in general.

I mean...Resident Evil 5, GTA4, Final Fantasy 13...all missing the Wii. Those are some industry leaders right there...

Disolitude,

All of those games were announced before the start of this gen and were well in to production when the Wii train really became apparant and we are still waiting for them except for GTA4. The dynamics over the next couple of years but the DS didn't have decent third party support until its 3rd year and it has taken a while for that to get a chance to mature. The Wii is also following a similiar path...except that it is happening faster this time around.

After those games are released what will hapen. Of course HD consoles will continue to see strong support this is partially thanks to the unique path Nintendo took. Trust me if the Wii was HD like the 360 or PS3 there support would dwindle to a lot less then what they will get.

I already let go that

1. Wii is in 1st place and will always be this gen
2. XBox 360 is in second place and will lose its position of 2nd
3. PS3 won't have a huge library of games like 360 and games will always be delayed.

Its time to move on, I already let go. No point to fight it, no point to argue. No more war please, i only want peace.