By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eurogamer LBP Review - 11:59 TODAY! (UK Time)

starcraft said:
Good game by the sounds of things.

Not quite Halo 3 quality, but still an excellent title.

cheeky

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

Yay!

Another bit:

The camera scales competently for four players on a single machine, and it's played this way that LittleBigPlanet is at its absolute best: an irresistible, riotous, social and totally accessible entertainment.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

EaglesEye379 said:
The single player story is 20 levels. The review doesnt say how long it takes but it doesnt sound too long. Obviously, we all knew LBP's main selling point was creating levels and playing other peoples levels but it sounds quite hard to build a fun level by yourself. So PS3 owners will check PSN every week or so for the most popular levels which should be really fun.

All in all, nice review and is the first game that makes me wish I had a PS3 right now. I predict this is the 2nd 90+ exclusive game for the PS3.

They said it is 20 levels?

MM said the single player will be around 50 levels.

Honestly though, the amount of levels in LBP = ∞

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
alfredofroylan said:
Well this was short... but believe it or not there people complaining on the forum. I think that the worst thing for a game is a "10" because there're no such thing as a perfect game. But I'm waiting for my SackboyKratos

Eurogamer had no issues handing out 10's for Halo 3 and the 360 version of GTA 4. Oddly, I can't find a single review from the on the PS3 version.

No complaints though as a 9 is still great an in my opinion (be gentle people) Little Big Planet brings much more fun than the other two titles mentioned above.

==> I just have checked : no GTA4 review on PS3

.... completely unexpected .... I thought eurogamer was more reliable.

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Its a great game, and is one of those that move the game industry, i may rent a ps3 for this single game. Good job SONY!!!!

Another bit:

LittleBigPlanet is a great platform game. It's not a perfect one. It doesn't need to be, though, because its creative tools turn it into something else entirely, a unique, hilarious, endless entertainment. Even - and this is an absolutely crucial point - if you never use them.

_____-

So its a BRILLIANT PLATFORMER even if you NEVER CREATE SOMETHING...WOW!

Some issues from the Review:

The controls and the lives system, however, are not. Sackboys are fun to manipulate, especially the puppeteering you can do with their facial expressions and gestures, but also just their easy, bouncing joie-de-vivre. But there's the slightest lack of precision and definition to the floaty jump, a hint of stickiness, the timing's off by a fraction of a fraction of a second. When the game presents you with exacting challenges of dexterity and timing, as it occasionally does, that's a minor annoyance. When it's combined with the vague, slow and over-zealously auto-corrected movement between the game's three planes of depth, it's a problem.

And

Issues with control and checkpointing spoil the party a little, but only that much.
Then there's the checkpoint lives system, which gives you an infinite number of lives for a level, but only three (or on too-rare occasions, six) for any given checkpoint. Although checkpoints are generously and well placed, three lives just aren't enough for some of the harder sections, and if you lose them all, it's back to the start of the level. Abandoning lives completely would have stripped all the tension out of the game, but this inflexible system creates half a dozen chokepoints of almost unbearable, teeth-grinding irritation that simply didn't need to be there.

AAAAAAAAAND FINALLY THEIR CONCLUSION!

But mostly, we're just happy to see a flagship game for a modern system that's about running from left to right and jumping over things. New ideas are great, great old ideas are better, and LittleBigPlanet has both: it's the future and the past of videogames, rolled into one.

alfredofroylan said:
Some issues from the Review:
The controls and the lives system, however, are not. Sackboys are fun to manipulate, especially the puppeteering you can do with their facial expressions and gestures, but also just their easy, bouncing joie-de-vivre. But there's the slightest lack of precision and definition to the floaty jump, a hint of stickiness, the timing's off by a fraction of a fraction of a second. When the game presents you with exacting challenges of dexterity and timing, as it occasionally does, that's a minor annoyance. When it's combined with the vague, slow and over-zealously auto-corrected movement between the game's three planes of depth, it's a problem.

And

Issues with control and checkpointing spoil the party a little, but only that much.
Then there's the checkpoint lives system, which gives you an infinite number of lives for a level, but only three (or on too-rare occasions, six) for any given checkpoint. Although checkpoints are generously and well placed, three lives just aren't enough for some of the harder sections, and if you lose them all, it's back to the start of the level. Abandoning lives completely would have stripped all the tension out of the game, but this inflexible system creates half a dozen chokepoints of almost unbearable, teeth-grinding irritation that simply didn't need to be there.

So they should just give infinite lives? Where would the challenge be in that?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!