By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WTF is going on with Square-Enix???

Haha they need money haha. Got so deep in development with so many projects as you announced but didn't have enough resources to get them all out in decent times. Thus they've been using DS and PSP mainly but sometimes Wii as a way to make cheaper games quickly and get some huge cashins. And more recently they've opted to take checks from MS in return for a game or port or whatever. Just business haha.

Around the Network

i think sony got screwed more than nintendo did. with heavy namco and marvellous support the wii doesnt exaxctly need SE right now

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

darthdevidem01 said:
@kirby007

thats like telling EPIC to make a game without guns

Square has made quite some non-rpgs.

''Hadouken!''

Zucas said:
Haha they need money haha. Got so deep in development with so many projects as you announced but didn't have enough resources to get them all out in decent times. Thus they've been using DS and PSP mainly but sometimes Wii as a way to make cheaper games quickly and get some huge cashins. And more recently they've opted to take checks from MS in return for a game or port or whatever. Just business haha.

Too much win in this post.

They over-extended themselves, and are now open to taking bribery, and porting games to the PSP/DS/Wii.  I hope that all these games fail though, then they'll be forced to use their Ace of Spades, FFVII.

The real reason FFVII hasn't been ported/remade yet is because they aren't desperate enough yet.  They will be eventually though.  Watch.

they fell into the trap of announcing a game way to soon. we have known about kh for ds and psp for a while now and dq9, portable games, games that should be able to be made increadibly fast because of worse graphics and small storage mediums. It is like they just decided to make the games, had their guys come up with some pictures, announce it, then start the game.

Around the Network

They are not the company they used to be. Now they are a company that needs money urgently to avoid another bankrupcy, mainly because they chose to make 1 or 2 games that cost the same as the rest of the other games they make. They expected mega sales from FFXIII, but it looks like they would not be enough so they now have to delay the game for the west until the 360 port is complete.

SE doesn't have a strategy anymore and they think they can sell games solely on brand names. They went that far that they are bringing cellphone games to PSP, SNES games to the DS and DS games to the Wii. It wouldn't be strange to find out that their next new games will be either remakes like FFV, FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIV DQVI, DQVII or just direct ports. Direct ports have been done already this gen, we got Front Mission for the DS, FF1 and 2 for the PSP, Chronno Trigger DS, etc. SE funds their main projects with crap like this.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres has a point

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

woopah said:
i think sony got screwed more than nintendo did. with heavy namco and marvellous support the wii doesnt exaxctly need SE right now

keep repeating that maybe in a million years it will become true.

where ever square games go gets great acceptance in japan, look at crisis core, thats a prequel.

DMeisterJ said:
Zucas said:

Too much win in this post.

They over-extended themselves, and are now open to taking bribery, and porting games to the PSP/DS/Wii.  I hope that all these games fail though, then they'll be forced to use their Ace of Spades, FFVII.

The real reason FFVII hasn't been ported/remade yet is because they aren't desperate enough yet.  They will be eventually though.  Watch.

i wish, i haven't played the game yet ^.^

darthdevidem01 said:
@kirby007

thats like telling EPIC to make a game without guns

in the days of old epic made some games without guns

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434