By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Great games that you didn't like.

dougsdad0629 said:
Grand Theft Auto 4. Easily the most disappointing game I've ever played.

This.

Around the Network

Many, though most of them I have decided that I wont like them without playing, such as Resi 4 and Bioshock, as I hate all horror games

I also did not think MGS 4 was that special, and I would certainly not like MGS 2

I'm guessing those that were thought to be good and not one you acknowledge as good but just didn't get into. Quite a difference.

My most prominent one was Gears of War 1. The game was a very shallow shooter that didn't even have some of the things that had become a necessity for most shooters. Its like you play a game like Half Life 2 and you look at Gears of War 1 and its like it's ugly sister. I thought the game was decent but it was not a great game. Gears of War 2 on the other hand is shaping up a lot better.

Fable 1- another game I just couldn't get into. Although I do acknowledge it as being a good game but just couldn't stay with it.

Elder Scrolls: Morrowind- same as Fable 1... but this one just took way to long to get to anything. Was like playing a hollow shell that where the light of the end of the tunnel was simply another shell to enter.

Metroid Prime- similar reasonings to Elder Scrolls that it just didn't get anywhere fast enough for me.

That's it for me right now but I think eventually I'll be adding Littlebigplanet to this list.

The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I do actually like the game. I just don't like it as much as other games. Having said that though, I now feel like playing Twilight Princess.

Bioshock, Final Fantasy Series, GT5 prologue (TOO HARD), Halo 3 (Too Boring, Masterchief has no personality) Forza (cars seemed kind of floaty)

Around the Network

I cannot bring myself to buy No More Heroes, even though it is a higher-rated Wii game.

I got so fed up by Chorno Cross on the PS1 that I stopped playing it.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Dragon Quest VIII - How could that pale imitation of a JRPG get high reviews is beyond me. The most cliched story ever, terrible battle system, plain characters, etc.
Halo - I don't like shooters, and I played it because I made a promise, but it was boring, mindless, and not fun
Zelda: Ocarina of Time - It's not that I didn't like it, I enjoyed it, but for me it wasn't the masterpiece everyone calls it, just a good game with some great moments, but nothing that makes me oooooohh
Super Smash Brothers (N64)- I never understood this fighter, I never got it, hated the system since the first time I played it
Okami - Great concept, but it became far too repetitive, almost to the point of boringness
Final Fantasy IX - The battle system didn't make a good impression in me (strange, because I loved a similar system in Tactics Advance), and I found the story to be terrible
Kingdom Hearts (the first game) - Horrible camera, bad controls, bad interface, luckily the second fixed all the problems
Age of Empires III - I loved the second, and I couldn't help to compare them and see all the things I loved from it gone from this game

zexen_lowe said:

Dragon Quest VIII - How could that pale imitation of a JRPG get high reviews is beyond me. The most cliched story ever, terrible battle system, plain characters, etc.
Halo - I don't like shooters, and I played it because I made a promise, but it was boring, mindless, and not fun
Zelda: Ocarina of Time - It's not that I didn't like it, I enjoyed it, but for me it wasn't the masterpiece everyone calls it, just a good game with some great moments, but nothing that makes me oooooohh
Super Smash Brothers (N64)- I never understood this fighter, I never got it, hated the system since the first time I played it
Okami - Great concept, but it became far too repetitive, almost to the point of boringness
Final Fantasy IX - The battle system didn't make a good impression in me (strange, because I loved a similar system in Tactics Advance), and I found the story to be terrible
Kingdom Hearts (the first game) - Horrible camera, bad controls, bad interface, luckily the second fixed all the problems
Age of Empires III - I loved the second, and I couldn't help to compare them and see all the things I loved from it gone from this game

Agree on those.

Halo
LEGO series
Boom Blox
Zack & Wiki

Notice the post name is "great games you didn't like" not "great games that were over hyped". Don't say "[this game] I liked it, but it wasn't as good as everyone made it sound".

World of Warcraft - I played it quite a bit because of peer pressure, but got bored from the repetitiveness before lvl 20.

Oblivion - I tried, but I could not get past the difficulty adjustment. Why level up in an RPG, so you can feel more powerful and stomp on enemies that used to murder you. Oblivion's level up system takes that away and takes away the immersion when you fight bandits with demonic armor.

Halo - I know it is popular to hate, but this game seemed too plain and boring to me. Shoot aliens with generic guns.....yay.