By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Game Development Courses

Rath said:
Quite cool, though I'm going to (hopefully) join the industry through another angle.

Computer Engineering ftw.

Unless your schools CE program is just a CS degree, CE isn't the way to go.  All the CE stuff you learn that you wouldn't learn with a CS degree would be near worthless and you'll miss many important things that you would get with a CS degree (assuming you're going into programming of course).

Around the Network

I have never ever seen a add on this site ever, i guess i have a really good firewall and pop-up blocker.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Serious_frusting said:
I have never ever seen a add on this site ever, i guess i have a really good firewall and pop-up blocker.

May I put that in my sig?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

@twesterm

doesn't that mean he's going into the Hardware side of the business....like designing hardware for PS4?

or maybe I'm completely wrong

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

twesterm said:
Rath said:
Quite cool, though I'm going to (hopefully) join the industry through another angle.

Unless your schools CE program is just a CS degree, CE isn't the way to go.  All the CE stuff you learn that you wouldn't learn with a CS degree would be near worthless and you'll miss many important things that you would get with a CS degree (assuming you're going into programming of course).

If I was going into programming I would have done CS =P. Nah, I'm interested in going into the hardware side, for which CE should be useful.

Around the Network
Rath said:
twesterm said:
Rath said:

If I was going into programming I would have done CS =P. Nah, I'm interested in going into the hardware side, for which CE should be useful.

But the industry doesn't need hardware people, not even for engine stuff.  :-/

The best you could really hope for is be their tech support guy (which is a fun job in itself, at a game studio at least) if you want to do hardware at a studio.

yay I was correct!

darthdevidem01 said:
yay I was correct!

Ah, missed your reply.  Man, I don't even know where you'd start to get into that.

@twesterm

m sure the Software guys don't design Ps3, dualshock 3, wiimote, 360 controller n stuff

Ken Kutaragi was a hardware guy n he designed PS3

Forget CS and CE....SOFTWARE ENGINEERING FTW!!!